Hairy Bikers

Sad news, Dave Myers has succumbed to his cancer.

A small number of their books on our “cook book shelf”

16 Likes

Sad news RIP Dave.

3 Likes

Such sad news…was hoping he’d got his cancer beat after watching them on their new series. Dave and Kingy always came across as 2 of the good guys. RIP

5 Likes

Very sad - I’m a bit emotional about Dave’s death. Although I found the hairy bikers irritating at times, their current series was life affirming.

3 Likes

Oh, that is damn sad news. I was only just watching their ‘Out West’ series yesterday, about Liverpool/Wirral. Thought he looked in good spirits but physically drawn. May he RIP.

4 Likes

Indeed, shame.

2 Likes

What a shame, particularly as he seemed to be on the slow path to recovery, following treatment.

Always came across as one of the nice guys.

R.I.P. Dave.

7 Likes

Very sad news - I’m a big fan of the Hairy Bikers and Dave always struck me as a rather lovely fellow on screen. I don’t often watch TV but I did catch the HB a few nights back and was shocked to see how frail Dave looked. But he seems to be in good spirits so I thought he must be over the worst. RIP Dave.

11 Likes

Dave did a huge amount for the MS Society, so great kudos to him for that from me. RIP.

G

4 Likes

RIP to a thoroughly good guy.

3 Likes

I’ve always loved the Hairy Bikers so really sad to hear that news. TBH I thought that he looked unwell in the latest series and was on borrowed time

2 Likes

Yes such sad news.
May his dough rise to the heavens & his cakes feed the angels.

8 Likes

Yes, very sad news. At least he did recover enough to get back on his motorbike. Something I felt he wanted to do before he passed. RIP Dave.

6 Likes

Dave’s…?

1 Like

A top bloke, he will be missed.

2 Likes

Yes very sad. Have been enjoying the new series which has been uplifting and moving at times. Two really decent guys.

3 Likes

I remember their Hairy Bikers Rock Show on Sundays on Planet Rock a few years ago.

3 Likes

Very sad news indeed, they were a treat to watch on the tele, R.I.P.

2 Likes

Those two had a fantastic relationship.
The latest series you can almost taste the tangible ephemeralness of each others company.
Sad but has left a fabulous legacy.

4 Likes

Just one of those great people that were very nice and came over well on TV……such a shame, hoped he was on the mend.

3 Likes