Happy Atom owners?

This will likely be fixed with the upcoming firmware update that is due shortly.

1 Like

@litemotiv thank you, appreciate the update

Iā€™ve had an Atom for more than 2 years and had no problems at all. Itā€™s in my lounge room and probably gets used more than my main system. Itā€™s also impressed guests.

1 Like

Love the Atom itā€™s a fantastic all in one system. I compared the Atom to the ā€œnewā€ Linn Majik DSM/4 at my dealer. The Atom outperform the Majik in SQ.

1 Like

Well since I started this thread I ought to give you an update. My Atom bought in July in 2020 was nothing but trouble partly due to the firmware update soon after I purchased it. It was eventually replaced in October. This Atom is not a lot better. It has settled into regular failure pattern. Starting with a reboot the proximity sensor stops working after about 7 days. This is not a serious issue but it is a symptom. Then the screen freezes after about another 7 days, the album art from a Tidal track sticks in the display. This only clears after a power down. This has continued as the failure pattern every 14 days regular as clockwork.
In addition occasionally the Atom drops off the network (cabled) and will not connect to the internet and the app cannot find it, This has happened 3 or 4 times. This only recovers after another power down and then back to the 14 day failure pattern.
There are various hiccups using the app and Tidal which are a bit random. The most annoying being a long playlist just stops for no obvious reason. I donā€™t know whether to blame the Android app, the Atom or Tidal. Although this seems to only have occurred recently since the latest app version was released.
All in all it is a very annoying system, and a very big disappontment considering the cost.

1 Like

@RayC ā€¦Iā€™ve had my Atom for 5-6 weeks now, and though Iā€™ve not experienced the same level of purchase-discomfort as yourself. Up and till yesterday, Iā€™d had only the one consistent problem with album artwork freezing, like every 3-4 days - like you, a power-down resolves this problem.
I understand the artwork freezing issue will be ā€˜fixedā€™ in the next FW update.

However these past 2 days Iā€™ve had ā€˜newā€™ issue whereby the music just stops after playing 1-2 minutes, with a ā€˜Play Queue - Please Press Play Resumeā€™ message on the screen.
When I do press play again, nothing happens, so I go through the process of powering down.

• itā€™s doing it as we speak, hence this message.

Like you, I canā€™t work out if itā€™s the Naim App, Tidal, the Naim itself
Internet is good (ethernet connected)
I swapped devices - from iPad to iPhoneā€¦same issue arises

Looks like another email to the supplier

Mineā€™s a second-hand Atom, purchased before Xmas and running 3.5.1.4972ā€¦itā€™s worked without error so far; ethernet to the router, streaming cd library from a hard-wired NAS, but mostly via Roon. We do Spotify/Airplay and cast to it as well though. It really hasnā€™t failed/frozen even once.

Had mine for 3 weeks. It came with 3.5.3 installed. Is that actually a Beta version? In any case, so far so good. No problems whatsoever.

3.5.3 I believe is the current release version. The soon-to-be-released new one will be 3.6.something probably 3.6.0

@Suedkiez Naim are going to have to start paying you soon for all this customer management :slight_smile:

:pray: I believe my employer might be paying for it, at least the posts during the day :joy: But not really as I work way too many hours anyways. I have been thinking if I wouldnā€™t be happier doing customer management and support for Naim than doing customer management and support at my day job, haha

My hopeless Atom is using 3.5.1.4972, which I thought was the latest. Certainly if I ask it to check for updates it says politely that I am on the latest firmware.
How can there be different latest versions? Is there another way to update the firmware?

If I ainā€™t wrong You have the latest firmware.

This is the latest update you have.

Well, I can assure you I am not in the Beta Programme, my Atom was delivered 3 weeks ago and shows version 3.5.3.4977.

Yes, thatā€™s the latest version being used in production at the moment. Itā€™s essentially 3.51 with a couple of tiny tweaks we needed to add for production purposes; it doesnā€™t include the key fixes featured in Firmware 3.6, which will be imminently go on public release.

Does 3.5.3 stop them from rebooting whilst on the production line? :slight_smile: Harsh but fair I feel! :slight_smile: :frowning:

Another update since the new firmware was released. Having had nothing but trouble with my Atom since I bought it I installed the new firmware as soon as it was available. Hopeful for an improvement. That was on the 9th March, the update went without a hitch. Since then it has performed perfectly without a hiccup! That is 10 days ago, this is the longest it has gone without some sort of issue since I bought it nearly 9 months ago. I am therefore hopeful for a trouble free future. Fingers crossed. :crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.