🎉 HAPPY BIRTHDAY ...... Sir Paul McCartney

png

/Peder🙂

Please don’t tempt me…

1 Like

Has anyone ever seen him and Cliff Richard in the same room at the same time?!

1 Like

:small_blue_diamond:Timmo1341,…Here they are together on the same scene,.and in the same room 2012.

Paul%20McCartney%20Sir%20Cliff%20Richard%20Diamond%20Jubilee%20fRckHu6Mewjl
:black_small_square:Musician Sir Paul McCartney © performs on stage with (L-R)…
:black_small_square:Will.i.am.
:black_small_square:Cheryl Cole.
:black_small_square:Sir Tom Jones.
:black_small_square:Annie Lennox.
:black_small_square:Sir Elton John.
:black_small_square:Dame Shirley Bassey.
:black_small_square:Sir Cliff Richard.

During the Diamond Jubilee concert at Buckingham Palace on June 4, 2012 in London, England.

For only the second time in its history,the UK celebrates the Diamond Jubilee of a monarch. Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II,.celebrates the 60th anniversary of her ascension to the throne.

Thousands of well-wishers from around the world,.have flocked to London to witness the spectacle of the weekend?s celebrations.

The Diamond Jubilee - Buckingham Palace Concert

Paul%20McCartney%20Sir%20Cliff%20Richard%20Backstage%20xOkKFmA2jK7l

/Peder🙂

I’m a big fan of Mr MC, and long may he continue making music and pushing his abilities, but he really does need a better hairdresser - ditch the hair dye Macca!

A true musical genius in his time, which I fear is now over. His voice has been steadily weakening for the last 7-8 years and I genuinely cannot listen to him perform now. His latest album I felt was pretty light weight in terms of the song writing quality. Both he and Elton John really need to retire gracefully. Mick Jagger and Rod Stewart, on the other hand, can still both hold a tune.

They should all retire as they are now shadows of their former selves.
Paul McCartney must be very grateful for his association with John Lennon.

1 Like

Happy birthday Paul. You’ve written some of the most loved songs of the last 50 years and were part of a partnership which nearly changed the world never mind music.

One can appreciate Paul Scholes and Roy Keane, just like one can appreciate both McCartney and Lennon.

.sjb

2 Likes

Plonker.

I wonder why we have this thread, it was only his 77th birthday, not exactly a ‘milestone’ such as his 80th.

:small_blue_diamond:@Bobthebuilder,…What does it mean.?

Also can’t find the word in any translation-app.

/Peder🙂

It’s a polite word in place of a rude one. :wink:

noun: plonker ; plural noun: plonkers
INFORMAL - a foolish or inept person.
VULGAR SLANG - a man’s penis.

:small_blue_diamond:Thanks Mike-B,…for the translation and the explanation.

Paul McCartney is one of UK’s most famous artists and songwriters.
He really must have wounded Bobthebuilder in some way,.if he has such an idea of him.

/Peder🤔

These are old pictures, he ditched the hair dye some time ago.

Though I’m not a fan and find 90% of his music boring it is his ridiculous dyed hair that makes him a plonker IMO of course.

1 Like

McCartney is not well regarded in some circles. He was a member of one of the most influential bands of all time & a significant songwriter in that role. Since then he has not continued with anything like the same in either band or songwriting, instead he has lived off his past fame.

As he no longer has the dyed hair I suppose you mean “made him a plonker”, rather than makes? :wink:

Peder
PM. Has not personally wounded me though if I hear him churn out Hey Jude once more that may change.

2 Likes

Whilst I agree with you regarding his output since the Beatles, there have been a few good things, it hasn’t all been like The Frog Chorus. :wink: It’s true however that not much comes up to the standard of songs like Eleanor Rigby (for example). He does seem to sell a lot of CDs when he brings out a new one. Also, his back catalogue seems to sell well too, so a lot of people obviously like his stuff.