Hauntingly beautiful songs

And her version of Angel From Montgomery.

1 Like

Keith Jarrett, Answer Me:

2 Likes

Greatest song by the greatest band on the greatest unplugged album.

Don’t beat around the bush. Do you like them or not? :innocent:

3 Likes

Great song by Costello. My favorite version is Robert Wyatt’s (Costello in the band):

7 Likes

Sonic Youth - Shadow of a Doubt

Gordon Lightfoot - If you could read my mind

11 Likes

Underneath the Stars from the album of the same name by the Barnsley Nightingale Kate Rusby

5 Likes

Saw her live on Thursday evening. This was the finale song :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I feel it would be remiss of me not to throw (IMHO) two of the greatest ever female vocal performances into the mix.

4 Likes

Ooh, wrong version…non Christmas version is a lovely coming of age song…

Home to you - Sigrid

Completely forgot the Airplane - (I saw you) ‘Comin Back to Me’ off of Surrealistic Pillow. Surely as haunting and beautiful as it is possible to be. Always reminds me of an amazing woman who died way way way too young.

4 Likes

An Ubhal as Àirde, The highest Apple by Runrig,
Never mind it’s sung in Gaelic it’s just magical.
Ps you may remember it being used for aCarling advert a while ago.

1 Like

I know this is acknowledged as the best version of this beautiful piece of music but I prefer this one. CD rip but the Koslowska version is on Qobuz. I should add, the recording makes the orchestra sound a bit ‘compressed’ I think is the word but when she starts to sing, well….

1 Like

Any version of Ayreon’s Valley of the Queens is great, but this stripped down solo, acoustic version, by Anneke van Giersbergen (*) is particularly so…

(* Who…? Google will help you… She has serious pedigree… Floor Jansen has cited her as an inspiration… Will that do…? )

3 Likes

Fade Into You, Mazzy Star

5 Likes

Morphine, In Spite Of Me

1 Like

White Bird- It’s a Beautiful Day.

1 Like

This may not be to everyone’s taste, but I am rather drawn to this interpretation and I think it gives Sandy a run for her money.

(796) Who Knows Where The Time Goes (Duet for voice & double bass) - YouTube

1 Like

Every Time We Say Goodbye - Cole Porter
It Never Entered My Mind - Rodgers and Hart
If I Loved You - Rodgers and Hammerstein
The Folks Who Live on the Hill - Kern and Hammerstein
Over the Rainbow - Arlen and Harburg
Sunday - Sondheim
What’ll I Do - Berlin
Someone To Watch Over Me - the Gershwins

Many more

2 Likes