Hauntingly beautiful songs

Time for new specs’ …

1 Like

For a Dancer

10 Likes

Phil, if you check out the live album Here And There you can have the best of both worlds, as Lesley Duncan joins Elton on stage to perform “Love Song”, lovely version.

2 Likes

Unfortunately only saw them once. It was at Kingston Art College. Only other person I saw there was Jake Thackray. Had seen him on TV but live he was fantastic. Best live performance I have ever seen!

3 Likes

Thanks, I had forgotten this version. I have most of Nanci Griffith’s albums and was lucky enough to see her live a few times when she toured the UK.

2 Likes

Yes, Jake Thackray said to be amazing live and very witty. I never saw him live either. I suspect that TV production didn’t reveal the best of him.

2 Likes

I intended to post this song here last night but didn’t have enough time.
So fitting that it be posted here following todays sad news.

10 Likes

For Emily, Wherever I may find her - So short but so good and gives me serious spine shivers, wonderful!

14 Likes

“How Men Are” tops it for me

Lost and Found by Lianne La Havas

(Lianne La Havas - Lost & Found (Official Music Video) - YouTube)

Buddy Guy, it feels like rain (feat. Bonnie Raitt)

5 Likes

Summer (The first time) Bobby Goldsboro

Just gets me…

5 Likes

That recording of the Pearl Fishers Duet is so very famous, and justifiably so.

Bjoerling was a wonderful tenor, and is one of the main reasons for buying Thomas Beecham’s famous EMI recording of Puccini’s ‘La Boheme’ (which ought to be in any serious opera lover’s collection. Sadly, he was an alcoholic who died prematurely because of his illness.

5 Likes

John Hiatt’s original version is great too.

2 Likes

Good call Graham.

I’ll give this a spin tomorrow. When my wife goes shopping.

1 Like

Also wonderfull, his voice is epic.

2 Likes

captivating…

1 Like

There are several versions of this tune, but this is the one I return to to lift my mood.

1 Like

Schindler’s List

Not strictly a song but John Williams’ theme from Schindler’s List played by Itzhak Perlman. Gets me every time.

8 Likes

Crying my eyes out listening to these two.
Grandad was miner, watching him struggle to breathe was hard.

4 Likes