Have you stopped upgrading. If so, why?

Yeah…but…no…but…yeah.

A little more succinct than some responses on here.

Ducks for cover…

5 Likes

Yes it is tighter more controlled. More oomph as well. I can finally really hear the stand up bass in Jazz with my N-Sats.

1 Like

This is interesting. My system has evolved since having kids. It’s once they have gone to bed :sleeping_bed: it’s my time to sit back, relax and enjoy. My kids are 4 and 3months.

1 Like

Perfecly happy with the Naim Nova and Naim Core. Great combination. No need ( not possible anyway) to upgrade.

2 Likes

As a Naim & ATC active speakers owner I can only approve! Nice!

Same for me, 372 and balanced outs to connect to ATC.

1 Like

It’s aways possible to upgrade! :sunglasses:

1 Like

I know. But in my opinion it makes not much sense.I mean to much money and not much te gain. Although for some it might work.

At the end of the road with all the primary components - very happy with all of it. Only purchase might be a streamer to replace my current SqueezeBox / Dacmagic solution if that fails to keep up with latest developments. Whilst I can continue to receive Radio Paradise FLAC streams and Radio 3 hi-res (both of which sound great) I’m happy. Can’t get hi-res - limited to CD quality by the SQBox - but there is not much content out there that I really want to listen to.

If I could find a reasonably priced CD555, I would consider it, but they never appear on the US market. I’m very happy with what I have.

I’m happy enough with my Nova, started out with a MuSo 2 years ago and ended up with a Nova with an Atom along the way! The only way is up though with a Nova and so many tempting paths to take but I’m going to resist as the outlay is not justifiable at present. Looking back I sort of miss the simplicity of the MuSo, it was enjoyable as you tended to accept it for what it was without too much over expectation and constant hankering to tweek something.

Got to a level where I said was the end game…now looking at a SH NDS…when does it end!:weary:

I can very much relate to your situation, very much like mine only a couple of years ago. While none of our jobs kept us away from home as long, I started lecturing as a second occupation back then. Our children were just half a year older than yours. In a good month I managed about one or two hours listening. If your children are like ours, things should change for the better in about a year. With the resale value of your electronics, hanging onto them might still be worthwhile.

A good time to all four of you!

No plans to actually upgrade (SN2/HC-CDX2)- except perhaps getting a genuine XPS DR for the CDX2; I’m happy with what I have and don’t wish to have more boxes
I’m still threatening to get a new turntable (still have 600-700 LPs) - Planar 6 or Planar 8? That woulnd’t be an upgrade of course.

I joined Upgradeaholics Anonymous and have been upgrade-free since the middle of last year…:grin:

I feel so much better for it. :exploding_head:

4 Likes

Does that stop you buying more olives? That wouldn’t count as an upgrade.

1 Like

82 to 52 perhaps?

Sibbles to dibbles?

Otherwise it means going over to the dark side…

2 Likes

I’ve certainly enjoyed the 82-52 upgrade. :grinning:

But I do, cough, need a new DAC…

1 Like

My system was beautifully balanced and since my speaker upgrade in 2011 it’s not been touched bar some repairs. CDX2 will die at some point though and there’s no more room fir CDs so an NDX2 demo had been booked.