Have you turned the heating on yet?

Had it on last night to just take the edge off. Tonight not quite as low, so just cuddled up under the sofa blanket.
I usually experience allergy symptoms during the first blast after summer. All those natural allergens collected along with dust particles behind the wall radiators shoved up in the air.

The need to be round and rotatable so you can adjust as required see LCD screens.

I can see from my heating app that I have called for a one hour boost 5 times in the last 30 days.

1 Like

Hmm, I don’t wear to look at screens. I assume yours are prescription specs? In that case for that function I withdraw my declaration of best. But best for add-on sunglasses (I wear contact lenses.)

Put it on.
It didn’t work. :confused:
The engineer called and laughed.
The boiler is 22 years old and finally done for.
It’s done very well, never went wrong in years. I can’t really complain.
New one being fitted Tuesday.
I’ve got an f5 first watt amplifier on heating duties at the moment. :rofl:

2 Likes

That’s the spirit. Turn it up loud! :+1:

Speedometer, fuel gauge, clock, fuel computer, watch.

Yes, prescription specs.

Never had a problem with any car gauges nor satnav nor watch when wearing polarised sunglasses, but some unpleasant colour banding with iPhone or iPad (I know because I just tried!)

Come on guys, most of you probably have a controller.

I turn the heating on when she tells me to. :grinning:

Had it off last night.

IME September is the worst time of year for damp, mold and condensation in the home. Usually, it’s not quite cold enough to put on the heating properly, but outside is damp and very humid, so venting the house has its own problems. I put my heating on last week for 3hrs in the evening and by chance had taken a gas reading the same morning. I worked it out that it cost £1. This dries the house out and makes it more comfortable. It’s obviously your choice to save a pound and/or the planet and sit in a puffer jacket, but to wait for a date is a bit weird.

2 Likes

This is in danger of getting pounced on by the Frankie Howard /Syd James impersonators…

2 Likes

MVHR whole house ventilation on permanently solves any damp problems.

I’m working in Andalusia at the moment, so it’s full blast air con in the day and evening! Back to the UK quite soon, and I’m actually craving a bit of autumnal-wintery weather.

1 Like

A bit late now, but it’s a good idea to turn the central heating on every month or so during the summer.

It exercises the valves.

1 Like

The, er, kitties were feeling the cold, so we put the heating on….only for the, er, kitties, you understand…… cough

7 Likes

I’m referring to LCD types. Are you?

No idea what they are! But I was meaning electronic displays rather than mechanical.

Indeed so either LCD or TFT both of which use polarised screens. Depends on which way the screen is orientated compared to the sun glasses. A 90° difference may result in an apparent blank screen.

HH I gave in one morning during the week when I noticed the temperature in my bedroom had dipped below 15 Celsius. I think we had two consecutive nights where the outside temp dipped below 5 Celsius which seems kinda crazy for the time of year.

I was pleased to find that the boiler came on without any problems but reading the contributions above reminds me that this is my first winter in the house and I suspect the boiler may be the original from when it was built in 1995. Time for a health check/ service methinks before winter proper arrives!

Peter

1 Like