Have you turned the heating on yet?

I was. Chippy was the big city to me. Banbury a megalopolis.

You can take the bumpkin out of the country but you can’t take the country out of the bumpkin.

Even if you drop them in Tokyo for 15 years.

2 Likes

I left Chippy in 1977 to go to uni , my Dad still lives in the town

1 Like

You realise, we might be the only two people on the forum who can understand what Gerald is saying.

2 Likes

So you’ve been at university since 1977?

Charringtons lorry used to deliver the coal!

2 Likes

That’s the one. … now Gloucester Severnside

Blast from the past. As a kid we had coal delivered from the local railway station coal yard by horse and cart, coal loose and put into sacks to deliver to the door/coal store. the coal man then upgraded to a second hand Thames Trader lorry. (Back then they were never called trucks).

1 Like

Blimey, that brings back memories. IIRC, at one time in my area they had a horse & cart, as this could access rear alleyways, so people could load up their coal bunkers. And digging out the coal bunker wasn’t always fun. Mind you, the alleyway was kept level by filling in the inevitable holes with the clinker.

Indeed. I’ve turned the auto mode on my thermostat this week. and don’t let it dip below 20c. This way everything stays nice and try. Don’t mind it cold, but unfortunately it’s way too damp here in the UK to let it get too cold inside.

1 Like

I must have my own internal CH system, as my thermostat is showing house temp at 18C and I think it’s quite comfortable with no need to boot-up the CH system, and the windows are cracked open to ensure steady ventilation.

1 Like

Don’t forget the milk float either :wink:

I am just heating myself with a heated throw. Maybe the heat will be turned on when I get frost on the inside of my windows!