Head phone set up?

How do I go about adding a good qualty headphone to my Naim NAP 250-DR power amp and NAC- 285 pre amp? I am guessing I would need a dedicated headphone Amp pluged into the pre Amp. Which models would you recomend?

The FAQ to the rescue…

1 Like

Hi Tyendra325,
I have a 282/250DR set-up but have approached the headphone connection slightly differently to that which Richard D has suggested. My front end is an NDX2 and I utilise both outlets - the DIN output goes into the 282/250DR/speakers and the RCA output goes into a Violectric V280 headphone amp. F.Y.I. my headphones are Meze Empyreans. For me this setup works just great.
The Violectric V280 is a great headphone amp in my opinion, but as ever, its a personal choice.

1 Like

If you do this be sure to disable the unused output - performance is impaired somewhat with both source outputs enabled.

2 Likes

Hdd out on super nait2 to trilogy 931 headphone amp.
Focal clears.

Just had my old olive Headline serviced. It was in the loft and unloved I am sad to say. Bought some cheap Sennheisers and now have the option to listen on cans again.

A second hand Headline will keep it Naim based and inexpensive. Adding the Atom HE a more expensive option. Or get a 222…

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.