Hegel 190 impressions compared to SN3 and 282/250

Have someone compared the Hegel 190 with the Spinoza 30 or Kant 65?

4 Likes

What might pull Bob back in is Monty Pythons Philosophers Football.

Immanuel Kant was a real piss-ant who was very rarely stable.

Heidegger, Heidegger was a boozy beggar who could think you under the table.

David Hume could out-consume Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel.

And Wittgenstein was a beery swine who was just as sloshed as Schlegel.

There’s nothing Nietzsche couldn’t teach 'ya 'bout the raising of the wrist.

Socrates, himself, was permanently pissed.

John Stuart Mill, of his own free will, after half a pint of shandy was particularly ill.

Plato, they say, could stick it away, half a crate of whiskey every day!

Aristotle, Aristotle was a bugger for the bottle,

And Hobbes was fond of his Dram.

And René Descartes was a drunken fart: ‘I drink, therefore I am.’

Yes, Socrates himself is particularly missed;

A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he’s pissed.
…………………………
Hegel is in there but not Kierkegaard.

4 Likes

Welcome to the club!

1 Like

@frenchrooster: the French are very good at it too, how about the Descartes 900 or the Pascal 1500 ?

3 Likes

Should be interesting to compare them all, in a same system.
I would not take for sure the Nietzsche 160, neither de la Rochefoucault 590, too sad and not involving.

1 Like

You really need Kant, Rooster. It has loads of PRAT. In Koningsbergen they tune their watches to it.

Regarding the French:

Rousseau is only good with analog stuff - it does not recognize new inventions- and is a total mismatch to Voltaire. There is a polemic ongoing between them.

Kind of Vinyl vs Digital.

1 Like

This is all too philosophical for me.

2 Likes

Not many will have heard of Descartes slightly less intelligent brother whose main contribution to the world of philosophy was, and I quote:

“I’m thick, so I am”

I’ll get me coat…

5 Likes

We’re seriously off topic… However, I wouldn’t rule out a Nietsche amp for the Übermensch who’s already got two full Statement systems.

2 Likes

My studies are too long time now……to remember well all the theories.
I feel relatively close to the Rousseau thinkings, from what I remember…

1 Like

‘Laissez faire’ will do FR :+1:t3: ATB Peter

2 Likes

Oh yes, that definitely looks Asian?

in the end you have to blame the European parent company Hegel for allowing such poor build quality to be associated with their brand

or they should lower their prices to reflect the poor manufacturing quality.

they want to have their cake and eat it.

Yes capitalism is good, but not when it produces such a poor build quality of a product.

You should stop hammering on Hegel’s apparent poor build quality, it’s ridiculous. It’s very likely no better or worse than 99% of brands out there. No professional review mentions poor build quality, they do mention that Hegel offers excellent value for money compared to other (expensive) brands. It’s simple as that.

Sure, some units will have quality issues, just as some Naim units do as well. Just search these forums for things like:

(and many other examples)

8 Likes

Wasn’t Marx a pupil from Hegel (quite different from what I remember tho)?!

1 Like

You didn’t quite get to the real issue. the price.

for such a poor build Hegel should not charge premium European prices when it’s made in Asia and looks so carelessly made.

1 Like

Why does it bother you so much ? Ok, perhaps not built to Naim standards of neatness, but very decent kit nonetheless.

Move on.

2 Likes

That’s not a good argument at all. You compared the Hegel 190 to the Naim SN3. In most of Europe the SN3 is about £750 more expensive and is completely analog, it offers half of the power of the 190.

If you place a streaming board into the SN3 you roughly end up with a Nova, at about £1750 more expensive than the 190, still with half the power. You can buy a H390 for the price of a Nova, which is in a completely different league.

The Hegel’s price is just really competitive, regardless of the build quality.

4 Likes

Hegel 390. 22 kg. Built like a tank for Stereophile.
Don’t see any poor build quality. This integrated received a lot of very positive reviews.

5 Likes