Help me downsize :-)

Wouldn’t you need tweeters to go with the woofers?

This is a nice option, keep the NDX2 and add a power supply and it will be a fine solution. Or keep what you have if you both love it! It’s a win either way I think.

And well done finding a lady who loves Naim.

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

@ChrisSU suggestion of starting again has so many benefits. Rather than chip away at an existing system and throwing the balance off, a new system can be small and everything nicely matched.

On top of that, if you are doing separates that are not full width, you can replace a full sized rack with one of Quadraspire’s midi sized 40cm wide racks. This lets you do a 4-5 box full separates with a smaller footprint than a single box like a Nova or whatever.

I say this as someone planning a move from 3 racks of 11 boxes to a midi sized rack with 3 boxes to tide me over for 18 months while the big system is in storage. Rather than dreading it (I know it will sound less) I’m enjoying the prospect of playing with this.

2 Likes

Update coming soon…

:grinning:

Well let us know how you get on.

So here’s the plan… for now… I’m selling nothing.

Into my partners house… where I spend about 98% of my time when not at work or travelling for work… I am installing a gently used SN 2, an ex dem pair of totem sky floorstanders, my old NDX, and my old ultra Rendu and linear UR power supply. My total outlay for the SN2 and totems is relatively low as I traded a Chord Hugo TT towards the SN and I traded a pair of KEF LSX’s towards the Totems. Total outlay less than 2K Canadian for the lot.

My 552, 300 DR, NDX 2, RP 10, and Sopra 2’s shall remain in my divorced guys transitional apartment for the foreseeable future (at least until the New Year)… Or until I “officially” move in sometime in 2020. I’ve only spent about 5 nights in my apartment since pseudo unofficially moving in to my partners place in May of this year. I do pop over to my apartment periodically to spend a few hours or a chunk of the odd Saturday or Sunday if my partners kids (or I) need a break. Everyone is feeling their way and it’s a process. More so than I would have imagined, but then again, probably totally normal since it’s a massive transition for all involved and super complex.

This will give me lots of time to assess how the gear makes out in the new space, determine what I’m willing to live with (as far as gear goes)… and just generally allow me to figure stuff out. And if I really needed to, I could sell off some of the higher priced gear, and still have a lovely, balanced system to enjoy.

When I have some pics to post of the “little” system… I shall do so. Thanks to all for the feedback!

9 Likes

Seems like a plan

Great decision I think, we’ll done.

If you spend hardly any time in the apartment, maybe take the NDX2 to the new place, and leave the NDX in the flat?

Funny… I’m contemplating that as I sit here listening :joy:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.