Help nas synology e 24 bit

Okay, okay, but everyone here says that Minimserver is much better!

Not the advice from me !!
The Synology Media Server is a pile of pooh
Minim is OK but needs more setting up, maybe best for Classical
Try Asset, simple set up, easily personalised & once you have it, there’s no going back.

Hi Mike, one step at a time … I’ve had synology for 3 days …

OK, no problems.
Just remember media server software is not all about SQ, its about how you want to browse, how to find those half forgotten albums, do you want 3 or 33+ configuration options, do you want to look at folder icons or the album art, do you want to change the artists folder art, do you want full transcoding with 24-bit & gapless replay.
You will get there & you will have deviations & experiments along the way - enjoy

Mike, I hope to learn and above all I follow your advice that serves more than anything! This morning, thanks to the fact that I am a little better, I moved the NAS to the corner of the study a little further away from my PC station (before it was right under my feet!) And now hidden from the eyes and about 2 meters. Above all, I replaced the serial ethernet cable which was a 5e with a new one from the Melco cat.7 which I hope is faster in transfers and brings more musical quality …

That’s a completely different cable thread discussion & as always subjective.
A Cat5e more than fast enough for audio data transfer, Naim & all other audio streamers support “fast ethernet” 100Base-T & the cable standard for this is Cat5e. This standard carries data at 100Mbit/s with a maximum fundamental frequency of 31.25MHz.
But if you hear a difference, great, now you can join the cable debate’s.

Since I have several Melco CAT 7 and QeD cat 6 cables, I preferred to take it the same. It doesn’t hurt! However in my the rear fan feels silent in the room … It is something that I accept momentarily because the old WD my cloud makes no noise.
Unitiserve no noise either.

My page dhcp is like this.

I hope so

Skill suspension logs to be flagged?

If you use a screen shot (PrtScr) we will seen more/better detail

??. I not understand

Your pictures look like you’ve taken a photo with a separate camera of your screen
If you want to show exactly the full screen of what you see on your PC screen, take a “screen shot” (the PrtScr button) & “Paste” that on your forum post
Thats what my picture is on my previous post

Yes, made with smartphones because I am connected to the forum with smartphones. It was the photo of the notebook which is connected in WiFi to the synology

Andrea,

The Print Screen key on an Italian keyboard is labelled “Stamp”. Press that key on a Windows PC and it will take a snapshot of the whole screen and copy it to the clipboard.

:ok_hand:Wuao

Now I don’t have a PC on, however I don’t know what the web page printing is for!

Xxx

Xxx

Andrea, when you have a screen you want to show on the forum, press the “Stamp” key on your laptop keyboard (it will be in the top row of function keys). Then start a new post in the forum and right-click in the post window and choose Paste from the menu. This will paste a copy of your screenshot into your post. Much easier than taking photos on your phone.

Does your Melco Cat7 cable sound better than your Cat5e? It won’t be any “faster” – Cat5e can support up to gigabit Ethernet assuming you are connected to a gigabit switch, but as Mike said you don’t need anything like that much bandwidth for audio streaming.

Thanks, I did it before, only the address of the nas appeared on the toolbar … I tried to install Minimserver and Java but I don’t know what to do … If I open the App naim not known difference

Once installed, this window opens … And then what?

It is difficult for me to put Minimserver now … I hope someone step by step with helpful help. In the meantime I use media server

Once I have installed Java 8 and Minimserver from the synology dsm page, what should I do? If I turn on the Naim ND5xs2 on the respective App and select the server, nothing different appears to me …help…

I copied my music that I had on the WD and on the Unitiserve all under the voice “music” of synology (jazz hd, music hd, classic HD, etc. Unitiserve, MQ)

I copied my music that I had on the WD and on the Unitiserve all under the voice “music” of synology (jazz hd, music hd, classic HD, etc. Unitiserve, MQ)