Here we go its vinyl time

Holee Molee thats a beauty!

@Dunc I’d suggest that once delivered and setup you give it some time to settle in. It might be too dark or too bright at first.

@Mitch , your deck is wonderful. Would be on my list, with Vertere and Avid Acutus SP.
Have you heard the Avid Acutus?

@frenchrooster
ur deck is wonderful. Would be on my list, with Vertere and Avid Acutus SP.
Have you heard the Avid Acutus?

I have not, at least until you mentioned it. It looks like a beautiful machine.

1 Like

Well its here, bit late getting back from work and picking it up, but it certainly looks very nice, if i get time i will post a few pics up, but it need setting back up.
But need to watch bbc4 at 8 oclock as my wife and I are on it, from backmin 1990.

2 Likes

Can’t wait :laughing:

So many of my friends are recording this, so they can hound me with it for years, as back in the day i got away with it, lol.
But its been 31 years, and this is the first time its been repeated, so i can live with that, i hope.

I have got it on record
When will I see you and the wife :flushed::blush:

1 Like

If i remember right standing on the right of simon mayo, cant remember what we were wearing, but the wife had blonde hair, me back then dark brown
Remember the pet shop boys on it

Ok thanks
Can you give us a wave :joy::joy:

How could you part with it!

Money money…

1 Like

Not yet, but think the misses had a blue jacket on and a white shirt, maybe

I just love the build and finish and just utter thoroughness of the SME 20. And the sound is in many ways, majestic. And yet… My only issue is with the engagement. It’s just a bit detached. I felt the same about a few others too such as the Avid Acutus we had at Naim for a while. It’s rather frustrating. I have a wonderful SME IV that has for many years just sat in its box unused; I love it, greatly admire the engineering, have always lusted after one, had to have one, and yet, it’s just a little (whisper it) disappointing? Too competent maybe? A bit too detached, a little bit boring. Maybe it’s a question of expectations, sky high for the SME. The Rega I’m currently loving was in some ways the opposite; my expectations were exceeded and then some; just so engaging, so agile, so good at digging out stuff I’d missed or just not paid attention to in the past. But j guess that’s just me and my priorities. A bit like when I had my orbe; a deck that I admired hugely and was also incredibly capable, but I just couldn’t fall in love.

Dunc, I really hope it does it for you. But if not, then hopefully this post is something to mull on.

2 Likes

Just for a laugh before we get back to the main event
Me

Me and my lovely wife, blonde hair

9 Likes

Back on topic
So just placed it on the fraim for tonight, just got to put the cartridge back on, very very carefully, was removed for transport for safety as it costs a silly amount.
So tomorrow I am going to get it all sorted and see what it can do

But for now
The weight
The quality of it
It certainly looks the business

Looks like a great weekend of vinyl

15 Likes

If that sounds as good as it looks you are in for a treat @Dunc

1 Like

Wow, a tonearm and soap dispenser in one, amazing! Just kidding, I can only imagine the sound is as intimidating as it looks.

1 Like

It certainly looks very different to the P10, totally different way to go with turntable design.
Also the cartridge is a work of art in itself

Soap dispenser :joy::joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes