Hi-Fi Choice, October 2021 - Nait 2 article

May well be of interest for Naim Nait 2 owners, (and other Nait-heads of course), there’s going to be “a retro appreciation of Naim Audio’s Nait 2 integrated amplifier” in the October edition of Hi-Fi Choice. Could be an interesting read about the little Nait mega box. I’ll download it later all being well …

6 Likes

It’s an interesting read across two full pages, FYI

3 Likes

At long last. Last chance to stock up before the punters swarm in.

2 Likes

Thanks @Naim.Marketing - downloaded a copy and the article is quite extensive about the Nait 1 and 2’s history, but probably nothing new to forum members. Really nice to see it celebrated like this outside of the confines of the forum though.

2 Likes

Hi YetiZone,
Is it possible to get link for download …
Thanks in advance,
Vlado
Nait 2 (olive) proud owner :slight_smile:

I can’t provide a link as its a commercial site and will infringe forum rules, but if you google “Pocket Mags” you’ll find the digital version of Hi-Fi Choice (and many other) digital magazines available to purchase for viewing on computers, phones and tablets etc - hope that helps. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, that is what I want, Thank you :slight_smile:

Many U.K. libraries - remember them, places that lend out books for free - allow you to borrow and read magazines on your phone or tablet. For example, Hampshire CC library service has HiFi Choice so you can read it for nothing via the Libby app. You just need to enter the number on your library card. I’ve just read the article - no way I’d buy such a dull magazine.

2 Likes

Hey Hungry Halibut

Cheer up and be positive and have a great day :grinning: :grinning:

2 Likes

Libraries are certainly an option to access editorial content (pre covid we used ours fairly regularly), alternatively, some forum members may prefer to support the audio press, who on occasion do enlighten readers to new products and music. Always good to have the choice.

As stated, the Hi-Fi Choice magazine reference was only of real interest to current / potential N2 owners, and certainly not compulsory reading. My apologies if it was too ‘dull’ for you, but you can at least be thankful you haven’t had to pay to read it and you can now move on.

I thought it was rather nice the bods at Choice were acknowledging a true Naim classic. :slightly_smiling_face: Clearly, YMMV.

1 Like

Hi Yeti. Sorry, I wasn’t meaning to sound curmudgeonly. The little piece on the Nait is interesting and well worth a read, and thanks for bringing it to our attention. I was merely pointing out that the mag can be borrowed digitally from libraries; buying it to read just one article is something most people wouldn’t do.

No problems HH, I’ve been around long enough on the forum to acknowledge we all have days where we post on threads in haste. I did wonder what had tipped your pique over something so innocent as it were.

As an aside, it would be a nice resource if the audio press could come up with an up to date editorial featuring all of the Naits (similar to Tom Tom Audio’s piece a while back) and their pros and cons, although perhaps a little too niche maybe.

Been buying HiFi Choice for thirty plus years now , if instead of buying it and putting the money towards an LP12 instead…

2 Likes

If they liked the NAIT2, just wait until they hear the NAIT3! ;>

3 Likes

Absolutely, what a killer amp the NAIT 3 is, best of the bunch IMHO.

1 Like

I’ve not heard a 1 or 2, but I do have found memories of my Nait 3!

Replaced by a XS3 - that stops me in my tracks sometimes, so no regrets. Well, not big ones anyway X)

3 Likes

I would like to demo my Nait2 against a modern Naim integrated to see how it compares, but the last time I did this I returned home with the Nait2 and left the Supernait1 on the dealers Fraim!

3 Likes

I found the article a little sloppy in its facts. Namely the number of inputs (4 in total not 3 - look at the photo) and the cost of a Naim service was £100 out.

No need to read such an article, every Nait 2 owner knows how good this amp is.

2 Likes

I only had a quick look at the article in WH Smiths , but I missed the point of the article? I guess any owners know how good they are, and it’s not as if you can easily buy them. Was it just a retrospective look at the good old days?