Hi-Fi dealerships

Thanks George,
Bought a Nova during lockdown and a really pleased with it. Tony reckons the Rega will be a good match. Am moving from a trad system to streaming/vinyl only. Fingers crossed.
Bill

1 Like

Despite digitising the analogue input the Nova sounds fantastic with an analogue source - in many ways I rediscovered my vinyl via the Nova.

Bet it will sound great.

1 Like

My friendā€™s second LP12 was a pre-owned one with lots of cast off upgrades, just as you say.

1 Like

Yes, they may be old upgrades but they were still costly ones at the time and must be worth something to the owner not just spares on a dealerā€™s shelf! :slightly_smiling_face:

Donā€™t you just love a drop of smug arrogance! Goods with no price ticket (whether they fall within my budget or not) are pretty much automatically ignored by this shopper! I cannot imagine why anyone, regardless of the size of their wallet, would countenance any significant purchase without knowing the price.

1 Like

you are going to be in for oneā€¦of an ugrade Tim, esp with your electronics

I had Ackrute Radikal, Urika, Karsouel fiited together with DV XX2 - the resaults are nothing short of Jaw dropping!! - also had Chord Shawline RCA to DIN for my 252 for Urika

my next (and last) will be to look at keel or my Kore

Enjoy - your albums are going to sound :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :ok_hand: :ok_hand:

3 Likes

Thanks, Antz - a bit of a wait before it all happens but itā€™s nice to have decided what to do and to be in the queue for it (I think there are half a dozen decks to be assembled before itā€™s my turn). I have agonised over what to do for years, on and off, so itā€™s a relief to get that over with and look forward to the results. It will be interesting to compare against the ND555, and I think I will enjoy it more through my electronics And speakers than the dem which was all Linn gear (not my cup of tea but good enough to show the difference between the components)

1 Like

My local dealer will be demo-ing Circus V Karousel on two LP12s when all the bits arrive, and thatā€™s fairly soon.
Book by apppointment which is fair enough and to get the rig you want to hear set up. I was told just bring your own records and we will leave you alone. I doubt if anybody even before lockdown walked in off the street and placed an order then and thereā€¦ Nearly all what we buy are considered purchases, sometimes not for that long!
The Karousel is pretty much a no brainer. Any Linn or Naim upgrades have always been just that. Not always perhaps to the same degree but still worth it.

My dealer had already started working from home supporting the clients he built up via a brick and morter shop over 35 years. He managed to get various bits from Naim for me during the height of lockdown.

Though international couriers wereā€™t taking pickups from anyone other than massive retailers for a while unless you were willing to pay 400% going rate.

Anyway, he did his best to be BAU.

Iā€™ve seen loads of You Tube vids of UK dealers talking about products and advertising home trial by post for their catchment area. Thereā€™s some very charismatic geezer in Scotland that reviews stock at his kitchen table.

3 Likes

I would agree with Timā€™s comments - when I was at Cymbiosis very recently Peter had quite a collection of new karousels awaiting new homes and I have no doubt that as these turntables pass through his workshop there will be many excellent parts available as pre-owned for a very attractive price. Well worth a chat.

Peter

3 Likes

A plan is brewingā€¦

1 Like

Phase 1 established at least, now I have some real thinking to do in coming weeks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.