Hi line dressing- is this ok?

It’s not touching anything other than itself. Not much room behind the isoblue with streamer and amp so close
image emphasized text

1 Like

It would be better if it fell down in a loop and came back up again.
Its ment to not touch anything like wall, floor or cables, but in all honesty mine did and i could tell any difference at all.
But just make sure the din connections are stressed with the cable pulling it

1 Like

Excellent ta. Tbh I’d rather it touch the floor than break the rings

2 Likes

Yes and just put a bit of pipe lagging on the bottom if you are really worried about it, but my guess is you wont notice, but stress on the pins are

1 Like

Cheers Dunc!

1 Like

Flipping eck! Even touching the floor it’s soooo much more dynamic and effortless than the standard lavender. Marked improvement for the nd5xs2 even into my lowly 5si…:+1:

2 Likes

It’s better to have it tied in a loose loop/knot than touching the floor. It’s supposed to hang free and it weighs no more whether looped or simply hanging down, so the strain on the plugs is just the same.

1 Like

Nait 5si is lovely amp. That and the CD5si was the start of my Naim journey around 4 years ago. I absolutely loved it!

1 Like

I have to say it performes above its price range… seems to gel really well with my neat sx3’s and not sure I want more at the moment. Just as well as finances hammered!

2 Likes

Once I started upgrading it didn’t stop. You have a great system. Enjoy the music!

1 Like

The Hi-Line is a fabulous upgrade over the supplied lead. I have a very similar system to yourself and think it punches well above it’s weight. Enjoy the ride! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Cheers.! Been carefully dressing the hi line for last hour, listening as I go and finally managed to get it looped so not touching itself, walls or floor and connector rings all tight together… sounds even better!!!

2 Likes

Plug it and forget it ! Stop touching it and appreciate the lift up in emotion. The best advice i could give you :blush:

1 Like

Now it’s not moved for 24 hrs it’s Bob on I’d say, just flows better

1 Like

Happy seeing you choose the hi-line after asking !! :ok_hand:

You can pull the plug just a little bit in the socket, it “help” decoupling more. It worth nothing to do it and is very easy. We cannot proove if it help for real or not but why dont do it ! :laughing:

1 Like

So looping might be an option for those of us where the thing always touches the floor?

Absolutely. Give it a go.

Thanks. Never even occurred to me that it would be an okay option. I fear damaging the damn thing every time I touch it. However, when my XPS2 comes back with Burndy (assuming my dealer remains open given current events) then I may as well put the latter in place and see if I can work around it.

That hiline config and shaping is good… the key thing is for It not to touch anything… just ensure the cable is under no due twist strain.
Also as said insert the plug in the socket and then pull the plug out a mm … you will feel a natural resistance point when to stop… or at least I do with my hiline.

1 Like

Interesting. Never tried the pulling out. May well do.