🔥 Hot, Hot, Hot, Hot, Hot

When you have a high of -8c and low of -15c for your next few days and snow in the forcast, then we can talk. :grinning:

2 Likes

I’d never leave the house! :scream:

3 Likes

Blimey…

Apparently might get up to 24, or even 25 today (21 now). Rare summer temperatures (though we had two or three days over 20 a couple of months ago).

I do feel sorry for those in the Southern England with unpleasantly high temperatures well over 30 - but bear in mind that when weather forecasters on national TV day it’s going to be a loblvely so often say “there will be temperatures reaching a pkeasant 20-something”, or somesuch, there are often large parts of the British Isles where temperatures are 5-10 degrees lower and may be distinctly non-summery. As everything else, so called “national” weather forecasts are home-counties centric.

And whether in Britain, or elsewhere some with even hotter temperatures but without air conditioning, I feel for you. And for those with temperatures in high 30s upwards and especially 49s or more, keep safe: those are potentially life threatening temperatures.

35 degrees at present in Oxford. Not too humid actually.

:small_blue_diamond:Dozey,…Same here,.but an older neighbor here does not have air-conditioning.

He had 32 degrees C in his bedroom last night. Warm…Definitely.

/Peder🙂

42 in Paris today!

I’m a few miles east of the city & semi-rural; my weather station is showing +37’C & looks to be still rising. I suspect it’s picking up some radiated heat, but even so it’s the highest I’ve ever recorded with it.
Shorts, shade & take it easy in the garden works for me.

vivement demain!

Phew… my little home office has pretty much all its glass facing south. The blinds are down and the french doors are open but it’s still doing a good impression of hell right now. Which reminds me of one of my favourite cartoons from Gary Larson…

2 Likes

What you need in warm weather like this is … a river. Like this one:

In fact, I shall go and jump in it right now I think.

4 Likes

61251129_2063115820465030_32330881716715520_n

:fire:I bought two portable air-conditioners.

But in the rooms where these are not standing,.is it right now 36 C hot.
Glorious times…

/Peder🔥

you need that. your body temperature will decrease by -6 degrees C.
around 30 euros.

1 Like

Look up the TST Sweden Cooling vest

May help.

1 Like

it absorbs water and keeps it fresh inside. I have not tested however…
but should yesterday

Is that what the two bumps are on the front, like a camel? :grinning:

1 Like

here are some models. You can find the same on amazon with english language.

The TST cooling vest does not use water / ice but PCM material

Keeps the body at 28 deg C which is scientifically proven to be the best temp for the human body

With ice - the lower temperatures are not controlled…

With TST Cooling vest - it recharges itself - do read up -= its an interesting product

sharing an idea… hope this works for you all

Stay hydrated …

regards

Marvelous isn’t it? Climate change is seriously with us, created by us (no question), and we continue to create more crap to deal with it. And so the disastrous environmental merry-go-round continues…Enjoy your Naim systems while you can - in fact, we should just all go out with a bang and buy a ND555/statement system. Don’t worry, we’ll never need to pay it back. Cynical, pessimistic, patronising?

thanks, i was waiting that someone gives a feedback and infos on this.
What is the best for you ? have you tried ?