House Plants - Yes or No?

Scented candles, in a small bath with your girlfriend and some cheap wine…oh those student days.

2 Likes

We have a family member who runs a dedicated male underwear store in uptown Portland Oregon.
He has a husband and is very happy.
They stock everything a metro guy could ever wish for. Apart from underwear they have beard conditioners, Leather socks. Ball mint mist spray. Cheap pool sunglasses. Slippers… an upstairs Barbershop.
I was told I could take whatever I wanted, free of charge.
Took a browse around and asked him if they had a bath section. “You know, scented candles, pink himalayan bath salts. Menthol essential bath oils”
Surprised that he looked really confused. He said no one ever takes a bath. I told him that I know about that friends episode with Chandler in the bath.
I left disappointed.

4 Likes

Doesn’t that sting a bit?

G

3 Likes

I think bath must mean something different in the US compared to UK they refer to what we call the loo, toilet etc as the bathroom, even public conveniences. Maybe that explained his incredulity at the idea of floating scented candles on the water!

No. He definitely knew what I meant about a bath.
Most have them in the states. He did in his house, but most don’t use them.

That was my earlier point.

Baths are relative to how much one is in love. They are great when you share them with your new lover (even the small baths), you buy some scented candles or minty bath bombs, buy some cheap plonk and life is bliss. But then when you pass the honeymoon stage and bathing together has become a hassle because you’re fed up of sitting in a cramped bath with your lovers toes playing with your balls (which was funny once) and you never liked those scented candles anyway because they make you cough and you’ve moved on from cheap plonk…the bath seems to have lost its appeal.

Rather take a shower.

Just a thought, did your friend ever stock the infamous, ‘Cleopatras Ass’s Milk’ bath bomb?

Tom Ford takes three or four “power baths” a day.
I bet he has minty fresh balls - as well as back on topic plenty of indoor house plants.

1 Like

I could work with this.

6 Likes

Got to love this one though…

You’ll be telling me next you don’t like Squid😅

1 Like

That made me think back to my grandmother, plants everywhere and hence the source of many that I took home.
For possibly indestructible, the cast iron plant, aspidistra, I was amazed at the on-line price, they used to be ten a penny. Then, whilst a succulent she had massive plants she called elephants legs, I was later told they are really crassula argentia, internet search now suggests neither is correct, so try money plant.
Otherwise the good old standby geranium and pelargonium.
In this house, for some reason spider plants seem to thrive. The tiny white flowers are quite special.

1 Like

Brought up in Britain in 50s through to 70s, my first experience of showers was dire, and I preferred baths. Then we had a corner bath and our first combi boiler, a curtain converting the bath into a large shower area. Wow, a shower with good flow volume and rate at decent temperature, with no banging of elbows on sides etc. Within 5 years I converted to preferring shower to bath (fitting subsequent houses with combi boilers and spacious showers) - and only ever have a bath when it is shared (following discovery of the benefits of a spacious baths, subsequent baths have also been chosen for space and adequate comfort for both occupants…).

1 Like

Ooh Matron Screenshot 2019-12-28 at 19.02.51

1 Like

Yes yes yes. Good for sound, air and general vibes.

7 Likes

Lovely plants

Will tell my wife as I’m only benefiting from her work :wink:

Meet Doris, I’m not quite why we call her that.

Cheers

3 Likes

And in our other room. No name as yet.

Cheers

4 Likes

Sure*

I would think “beanstalk” at the point it goes through the ceiling.

1 Like