How does your day look like?

As per title …

We had breakfast together. I just brought kid #4 to daycare, and kid #2 to school. kid #1 leaves by himself and kid #3 will be brought to school in a few minutes by me.

Then, I have a business appointment about some interesting initiative. Once thats done I go home for administration - its end of Q1. During the afternoon, the kids will arrive home again, or I need to collect them. In the evening I bring one of my kids to pianolessons and I will go to a rehearsal for maundy thursday with a clarinettist.

Then when I’m back home there might be some time for a chat with my wife, red wine and Bruckner …

Sitting in my car on a Eurotunnel shuttle train ready to leave the UK. Life doesn’t get any better than this.

3 Likes

I had a cup of tea in bed whilst my wife and daughter got ready for school. It’s Friday, and my day off. Rae took Rebecca to school, where she also works part time. I did the domestics whilst listening to music.

Most of the day was organising my home office. Left my last job yesterday and starting again as self employed on Monday. The office also doubles as the media room, so prepping the new set up, as the Nova is moving there as soon as the NDX2 and SN2 arrives.

Had a spa with the girls after school. Friday night is pizza night. Now back at the computer sorting out files for next week. Girls watching Kylie… on my system…

3 Likes

My weeks done, having a cold beer listening to Dylan before going upstairs to watch the game (sorry Aussie Rules).

2 Likes

Working in the office today; carry on building a web site for a client and back home late afternoon. As it’s Friday wife + remaining boy will both be off out around that time so I’ll be parking m’self in front of the stereo for a couple of hours till they return. It may involve a glass of something red.

3 Likes

Shopping done, wine has been delivered, going out with wife to play on our mountain bikes in the hills. Coffee and cake will be involved. Beer when we get home. Venison for dinner tonight with wine and music. Just the two of us all day. :grinning:

5 Likes

Driving from N Yorks to Essex to see my elderly parents in my 47yr old car. Purring nicely. The car that is.

Last day of a week off which started with 5 days in Iceland. What a place!

2 Likes

A day of conference calls at work. I’m currently at my 96 year old Mum’s house as she broke a hip 2 weeks ago and came home this week, so I’m doing my calls from here to keep an eye on her. I’m then driving from London to West Yorkshire for a weekend at my own house (in my case in my 2 year old MINI).

2 Likes

Let the hens out,
Walked the dog,
Had breakfast … listening to R4
Off to Waitrose
Then gardening …
Better half coming over … so confit duck tonight, but not sure what to drink with it. Claret, Rioja or Rhône?

2 Likes

I’m a huge fan of Pinot Noir with duck, a Burgundy or NZ Martinborugh/Otago works wonders.

1 Like

Been there, my Mum broke both her hips a good few years ago but recovered remarkably well, she’s now almost 102 and still living semi independently!! Not sure I have her genes though!

3 Likes

A nice cotes-du-Rhone Villages would go nicely, better still a decent Burgundy if the funds stretch!

2 Likes

Best time of your life, treasure it please!

1 Like

It’s my birthday, so up the Northumberland coast in my new static caravan, just about to go out in the sunshine, heading to a bar near by and having a few beers with the wife before meeting up with some friends then going for a nice Indian.
Barry

5 Likes

Home made duck by chance
Love it me
B

Just a glass of red…

Glass is my euphemism for a bottle tbh. 4-5 hours of light consumption… :wine_glass: :+1:

1 Like

Today, not quite a normal day: up early to catch a train from Takayama to Nagoya (just over 2.5 hours) then bullet train to Kyoto. Lunch of noodles and chicken. Afternoon tour of a castle and the Golden Pavillion, brief visit to a few shops before dinner of ramen noodles (unusually noodles twivpce in one day, but quite different types, and welcome after the very rich, fatty wagyu beef yesterday). Sake with dinner. Then stumbled across a fair with lots of street food, makingbis wish we had eaten less. Cheked into hotel, relaxed in the onsen (hot mineral water communal baths) before retiring to room to relax and check internet. Brief catch-up on current Brexit news, but being 9 hours ahead of UK here in Japan it’ll not be until breakfast that I discuver whatbour dim+witted politicians have landed us with. Music: none (a reasonable selection on iPhone but too busy reading on the trains and otherwise occupied).

1 Like

Well that’s certainly beats a day in the office.

Yeah, not quite the same!