How is the Naim Supernait 3 this good!

My first Rega Saturn (Mk. 3) did the same. The replacement one has however been faultless and to my ears sounds quite a bit better than the CD5si, which in comparison, to my ears, sounds a bit opaque.

1 Like

When the Saturn worked, I found it thin and bright by comparison in an all Rega system. I prefer the tonal balance of the CS5si. Admittedly it took me a while to get used to the different tonal balance of a Naim system after Rega. I kept wondering where the highs went to. The NDX2 and SPSDr really helped as an upgrade. Also moving to Chord EpicX cable was a shocking improvement.

2 Likes

Thats an exiting compare if you run moderate speakers in not large room.

I ran SN2 and SN2/HCDR and ended up to prefer Rega Aethos.

I even believe I read a guy preferred his Nait 50 to Aethos.
Many variants in game.

I would prefer the sound of Nait 50 over Supernait 2 but unfortunately the severe channel imbalance of the unit I have has made the Nait 50 obsolete (at least for the time being).

The SN3 is so good that Naim, after nearly 5 years in production, even after NC launch, have decided to give it a white logo, along with 500 Series. No limited production runs here. Why? Because it’s that good, they don’t want to let it go just yet - says it all really!

11 Likes

What he said. :+1:t2:

5 Likes

SN3 + NDX 2 on top. XPS DR & HCDR hiding in the cabinet. :sunglasses:

26 Likes

Very nice :+1:
Loving the sideboard

4 Likes

That looks great. Is it a VESA stand you are using with the TV?

1 Like

Thank you!

Yes it is a free-standing VESA stand for my 65" LG.

1 Like

Out of curiosity, is anyone using a SupercapDr with their SN3? Worth it or almost overkill?

I’ve tried a SupercapDR with my SN3. The combo sounds better than a SN3 with HCDR, wider soundstage, more punch, bigger body (you may know what I meant). I cannot answer whether worth it or not since I have had a SupercapDR for my 252 anyway.

3 Likes

Thanks Bandit! Appreciate the feedback

1 Like

Bandit, this is interesting to me. Would you mind sharing the % of improvement of SN3 bare, SN3 + HCDR, and then SN3 + SCDR?

I’ve thought about it but you’re the first I have read to distill the improvements so well. Appreciate your thoughts.

5 Likes

Hi all,

somebody with experience combining the SN3 (and by extend other Naim gear) with speakers of the Italian brand Zingali Acoustics ?

Visited a demo and heard the Quantum Array 2.8 and the Zero Otto (both equipped with a horn) in an Exposure setup (3510 pre and 3510 stereo power) and APL streamer and CD-player.

I was impressed by the sound of the easy to drive Zingali’s and will keep them in mind as a possible grade-up for my actual Monitor Audio’s. Home demo should be possible.

SN3 owner here with a SCDR / 250DR and Kudos 606’s. Sources are a P8 and Zenith Mk3.

Am tempted this year (although I said this last year) to upgrade to a 252 but I’m not sure how much better it could sound.

23 Likes

Well let me be the first to say your room looks gorgeous !!!

2 Likes

Gav

I have both the SN3/HICapDr and the 252/SCDR/250DR

I’ve said before that the SN3 is an absolute bargain in the Naim range and punches above its weight as they say , it’s an enjoyable listen

However the 252 is in a different league altogether , if you can try and borrow one from a dealer and plug it into your system, you will be surprised I’m sure

6 Likes

A lot better.

3 Likes

The SN3 is a real sweet spot in the range. But the 252/250 is where the real hi-end Naim magic starts. Given you have the SC and the 250, swapping the SN3 for a 252 would be a big step up and pretty good value I think.

3 Likes