How many power supplies you have got

If you mean external to the boxes they power, 0. Within the boxes they power, 5.

(=in use in the hifi system, as opposed to anything else in the house!)

in total x 3

Lp12 - Radikal

252 - SC

300 - PSU

Cisco has internal one, so you could argue x 4

6 here
2x555DR for the ND555
1 for the 552
1 for the 500
1 Sean Jacobs DC3 with Mundorf caps and high voltage module for the Roon Nucleus +
1 Sean Jacobs DC3+ for the (EtherRegen network switches) + potential clock

2 Likes

3 for vinyl: turntable, phono stage and pre-amp power supplies.

4,375 for the streaming system. :crazy_face: and about to add more for the opticalRendu, etherRegen and perhaps 2 for the OPTO-DX optical decoupler that goes between the M Scaler & DAVE.

Streaming: it’s so simple…

External power supplies
Napsc, Hicap Olive, Hicap DR, Klimax Radikal, Flat cap, an IXO crossover which might arguably be regarded as a power supply. A spare Flatcap boxed under the bed.
The total box count for my system including LP12, CD 3.5, a rega headphone amp and Denon CDR = 13 plus speakers.
Being superstitious I would rather have 12 or 14.

One, a FCXS which supplies my CD5XS and my NAC152XS.

In these austere lockdown times I’m not using the FCXS, and the set still sounds great. Sort of makes me think that additional power supplies are by no means essential at this level.

You’ve really got to stop scrimping on those streaming power supplies! :scream: How can you expect anything to stream properly without massive reservoirs?! :roll_eyes: :crazy_face: :rofl:

1 Like

Assuming I have the average for a human then I’ll have about 37,000,000,000,000 mitochondria.

5 Likes

Xanthe

I don’t believe you, can you have a re-count

Lyndon

3 Likes

Three at the mo. Not counting the Lingo.
Supercap DR for the Superline
Supercap2 for the Headline
HiCap DR for the Supernait 3

And it would be really helpful to see the cable layout between brawn and brain stacks!

1 Like

Two - I have an XPSDR for the CDX2 and a HiCapDR for the SuperNait2

1 Like

No naim, I see. :thinking:

1 Like

1 external ‘box’ (TT) and 1 wall wart (Phono pre).

One non-Naim XPS.

Three: SuperCap DR, XPS DR, 300 PS DR
I have seven Naim boxes in total. Eight if you count my Atom in the home office.

My TT has a wall wart and I have ordered a MCRU LPS for it, so that will make four PSUs I guess.

5 for now
555PS for NDS
2 x Supercaps for 52 & Snaxo
NAPTS for the NAT01

Waiting for a LPS for the music server …
4 internal beasts for ‘Qutes
Can’t make my mind up about a vinyl source.

As requested…

3 Likes

In what way isn’t a wall wart a PSU? It’s just that the plug is attached directly instead of via an additional cable.

Some wall warts are even linear.

No one (at least not I) said a wall wart isn’t a PSU.