1 Like

Just the 4
Do I need more??

Three Supercaps, One Radikal and a partridge in a pear tree… :notes: :notes:

2 Likes

Zero Naims ones, but
Trichord Dino “never connected” for the Diablo phono,
Michell HR PSU for the gyro SE,
Ifi thingy for the qutest,( actually very good)
Separate box containing the Tx for the nu vista pre
Seperate box containing the Tx for the x-as100 power.

Eight in my set up:

552 PS
555 PS
300 PS x 3
Supercap x 2 (Superline & Snaxo)
PS for Origin Live Turntable

Ten (olive) green power supplies hanging on my wall
And if one green power supply should accidentally fall
They’ll be nine green power supplies…
:musical_note::notes::notes:

3 Likes

Simple answer to that problem…

Carefully take them off the wall and put them all on a decent HiFi rack!

1 Like

What about a wall bracket?
:grinning:

4 - for the nDac, 252, Unitiserve, and Headline.

This is for a Classic range set-up, but thinking about it, I had the same number for my previous 112/150 set-up (by the end - I started with just a flatcap).

This is silly, really - I have 10 boxes in total
in my system, not counting routers and switches. I wish there was a better way, with less boxes.

My amplification including MM phono consist of 5 boxes, 2 of which are FlatCap2 and HiCap. Quite possible some day will substitute these 5 for one SN3. And if I remove the analogue sources I could live with Nap 250 or 200, partnering my DAC V-1 and MacMini.

Roksan XPS for Xerxes X
Hicap for Superline
XPS-DR for NDX2
Supercap for 252
300PS for NAP300

“what is this box for? WHAT??”

None. I had a HCDR on my SN2 but found I preferred it without.

Too many:
SupercapDR on the 252
XPS2 on CDS3
XPS2 on the NDX
XPS on the HDX
Non-Naim PSU on the DAC
Non-Naim PSU on the NAXO
McCormick PS on the Oracle
Lingo on the Linn LP12

1 Like

Quite a number. I believe you have at least 5 Naim boxes (sources & amplification) and a Linn LP12. A lot of towers.

Well, I would say that Naim thinks that it sounds better this way. Listen to what they offer and if you don’t agree there is nothing stopping you from using many Naim devices without a PS, or non-Naim devices.

Personally, I have to say that I like the look and it is, for me, a part of my decision. And I also do think that Naim sounds better, to me.

For me, it is (or will be) rather modest but still great :slight_smile:

• 300 PS
  • Expecting an XPS2 soon which will probably come with a CDS3 I am in the process of purchasing (still not sure that it will work out this time, but anyways something like this soon)
  • Later, not too much I hope, I expect one for the 272 successor that I am sure will come and most likely will find a home here

I have split the rack in 2, and it’s quite low and manageable this way, with 4 levels in the brains stack for 300, pre, phono stage & psu, CD. (And TT on the wall)

2 Likes

Two rather tall towers of equipment, one with the “brain” components, the other with the “brawn” components and driving SBL’s in active mode with 2 x NAP300 means I forgot 2 NAP300PS’s.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.