How young are you?

42 but I feel 84.

I am 81 this year so you must let me know what lies in my immediate future​:worried::innocent:.

I like it here amongst all you youngsters.

N

6 Likes

There’s nothing to worry about…

…unless you are feeling 162 of course!

The older I get, the faster I was!:sunglasses:

Short article if anyone interested:
Does life speed up as one gets older?

2 Likes

Bene,bravo,bis!

Rod,I thought you were in the 0-20 group…

I am no longer 90+.

2 Likes

It does, but this is logical. When you are 5, 1 year represents 20% of the entire time you have existed. When you are 50, it represents 2%. Your frame of reference is totally different.

Though I don’t find it to be a linear progression. I basically felt like every year until I was 20 to be a very long time. A mini age unto itself. And then from 20 onward, every year has been a total blur over in an instant until I don’t recognise the lifelike Homer Simpson model staring back at me in the mirror.

Then I start to feel like, even if I live to 100, human lives are really very short. 500 seems far more reasonable to get everything done.

4 Likes

Zenosyne ?

My theory is that time is constantly accelerating - that’s why people live longer as the decades pass. It was brought home to me when one of my sons remarked about time forever going faster when he was in his early 20s.

No, Liberosis!

Lovely word. I think when being a young adult having a “f@@k em” attitude is helpful. Then being a proper adult the need to actually make an effort is helpful. Then later in life is sensible to revert back to having the f@@k ems. :sunglasses:

1 Like

@scope, did you intend to vote for the under 20’s and voted poll instead?

1. Love the Naim sound and aesthetic since I accidentally stumbled in to the audiophile world 20 years ago with my uncle’s sytem which was a Naim CD and Meridian amp - no idea models or the floor standing speakers.

Now I have the Uniti Atom with Focal Aria 906 (yup, I picked up that deal and very happy) and in the living room have KEF LS50 Wireless which is a different but brilliant sounding set up.

1 Like

Sort of on topic, I’m on consumer research panels for various companies. Today I was doing a survey giving feedback on designs for tops for boys aged 2-7. At the end I was shown the three I’d rated most highly and asked to pick the two I’d most like in my wardrobe.

Apologies Tony, unintentional press.
46 years years young.

1 Like

That’s fine. You can vote again if you feel like. it will be updated automatically.
Thanks for taking the time.
Cheers

I find when I’m at work my mental age is ancient. And joyless. So I put a brave face on it and try and cheer others up and remain relentlessly positive. Try is the key word. In the evening, with an album on, I can be 20 again, but if it’s the CD2, probably 31. The music recharges my batteries and restores the balance. One reason I keep the system essentially olive is that connection with that past age, and I have an almost photographic memory of when I first listened to my favourite albums and (never thought I’d say this) CDs. That’s both a blessing and a curse.

3 Likes

Age does not matter. My sister was married at 50. And my father was nearly 100.
It took her 50 years to find a man.

1 Like

It is hard when you run after the grandchildren in the park and they are aged 5 and you are nearly

3 Likes

Or at least the man…