I did a thing ... 500DR to come

The NDS/ND555 cables are one for the digital side and one for the analogue,the S XPS Burndy do both digital and analogue.

2 Likes

@drago with you and @Dan_M both rocking ND555 with dual PS I’m feeling a bit left out :joy:

2 Likes

@Stu299 he is back… :slight_smile:
Yes we have overtaken…
Come on - You can!
No - you have a wonderful system - Kudos speaker are really delivering with 500Dr :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Big thing you did

1 Like

Now I am playing with my nd555 settings … (came with fw update)
What do you (e.g. @Geko) use. Server mode on or off.
I copied @Darkebear‘s settings (dig 1 plus 3, …) but I have not taken the time to compare. I am sure current system will reveal.

For ND555 - prior to present Firmware update

Server Mode : on
Air Play: off
Bluetooth: off
Digital 1: on
Digital 2: off
Digital 3: on
Digital 4: on (was off before)
Qobuz: on (turn off if not using - worthwhile)
Spotify: on
Tidal - input enabled : on
Remote - Mobile Detect: off
Chromecast: on (default - not tested yet)

Some being ‘on’ sounded better - even though I don’t use the input, so I tried all and this worked best when I tried it.

…these were all very small micro-improvements that removed slight phasy blurrings and ‘bumps’.
Some settings ‘off’ were worse in that subjective ‘suck-outs’ in presentation happened.

A lot of people will not notice these effects I think, but on some revealing systems it matters and I easy hear them here.

I have not revisited these - and the updates recently have turned-on things like Chromecast and Qobuz that I don’t use and can’t recall testing on/off, so thse are to be determined ahead.

After the recent Firmware update for ND555 I tend to spend some time getting used to its altered presentation before then revisiting the settings but I will over then next few days and will post when I do.

My method is to play two or three different types of music tracks which have vocal, piano, deep bass notes providing undepinning timing and synth - I try the settings and see what makes it more interesting to listen to and enjoyable or no difference and move-on to the next - then re-visit later if I think something has got worse.

Some settings give an immediate effect of ‘better-clearer’, but at expense of musical cohesion being lost so you need to not make too quick a final decision. I recall Server Mode was one of these.

Have fun. :bear:

DB.

3 Likes

1000 times thank you !
I am still adapting… don’t know if I like it in all aspects better.
Your description in the other thread was spot on, but some smoothness is gone

Some results with laterst ND555 Firmware:

Qobuz: ‘off’ (very worthwhile if not using)
Spottify: ‘on’ (not using but sounded better on)
Chromecast - report back option: ‘off’ (small but worthwhile)

I use Tidal so that is ‘on’.
Other settings are presently as before posted.

DB.

2 Likes

I use quobuz … too bad :rofl:
Where do I find the chromecast option

In it in the ‘inputs’ section on the App.

• Chromecast built-in’ → user data option : off

There is only on/off - I have it off.
Spotify on brought something - I also switched off usb.

Is this the option not to send data to google?
This displayed on the page when I switch chromecast on - it is off. But in my case deactivated chromecast in total

Yes - I have not tried deactivation of Chromecast yet - that will be a later test, so with it activated set to not send data.

I have an old iPad Mini with old IOS which runs an old version of Naim App fine as system remote control - but it will not allow some settings now to be managed, such as Chromecast - which needs IOS update that I can’t make.

I also have a new iPad that allows for all latest IOS and App things and will experiment with that later.

I run an ethernet-connected system with the iPads connected via floppy ethernet wire to adaptor to my network for control - tried WiFi but did not like the effect compared to wired.

A lot of this is down to needs and convenience - I don’t need it as my house is wired everywhere I need internet.

DB.

1 Like

@Darkebear Have already checked the diagnostics? Makes me a bit crazy looking at the free ram… :roll_eyes:

Blimey, another rabbit hole! I’ve not messed with any settings yet. I’m assuming they are all as they were prior to the update.

Re-visited the input settings - now as shown above works best here.
I don’t use these inputs. Input 3 was subtle but preferred ‘on’ - all others ‘off’.

DB.

1 Like

What do you think of the new firmware?

1 Like

Sounds great to me Drago

Am I the lone warrior again?
Find it a bit on the harsh side
In your system it must have a huge effect.

:thinking:. Have you tried rebooting your streamer?

1 Like