I did a thing ... 500DR to come

Do you remember the difference from hi line to Super lumina.
I think SL is a bit more relaxed and mid focused. Lavender is a bit sharper but also in some songs adds sparkle. The latter is assumption - have not fiddled

1 Like

Not at all my experience. There’s no sparkle in Lavender. SL indeed has.

Super lumina is more forward than both lavender and Hiline. More bass attack, wider soundstage and high frequencies more pronounced. It is full on, not relaxed.

Hiline was step up from lavender. The Hiline is very good. I have used it for several years on NDS. The rings can be a problem, esoecially if you like to fiddle.

Super Lumina step up. Quality increases as price goes up.

1 Like

I have a general question

The din plugs from interconnect cables should be plugged in and than carefully pushed out a bit.
Done this.
Recently recognized that the din sockets itself (552 and 555, think the other ones as well) give this 1mm play. Is this meant by plugging out a bit, or should I pull the plug (5pins) a bit out of the plug as well.

Think this will not be understood… does not matter :joy:

Try to be bit more simple
Do you push the din plug in till the end and than pull it out a bit. If so - this „pulling out“ is part of the socket itself.

HiLine for SL interconnect is something I’m considering as the next step on my journey.

From SL to hiline or vice versa

I have HiLine now, so a change to SL :+1:

Oh no hes messin again!hahahahahaha

With super lumina, i just plug it all the way in, it has all the decoupled stuff inside the plug as far as i know. because its quite long it can be tricky to keep off the floor, i had to put a loop in each end to do this

LOL … that’s only the beginning :grinning::rofl:
You always need to pull the plug out a small bit - also with SL I think.
Cable has perfect length and is hanging totally free

hahahahahaha i love it mate, its quite funny. we are just all bonkers.

have you noticed a difference doing that? its something iv never tried

i was using the same logic as the boxes with the metal feet when they use a suspended sub chassis. so needs to be solid for the springy bits to work

Difference ? Are kidding- no.
All for the head

Yes, insert fully and then pull out 1-2mm. You will feel that it’s loose at first and then bites. That’s when you stop.

2 Likes

That is exactly the play from the socket - I stopped in the middle :joy:

blowing my mind this!haha i shall give it a go later

this is interesting, it sort of naturally pulls out a bit?

i didnt have to unplug or anything

1 Like

This naturally part is inside the plug - I even pulled it even a non noticeable part further out (pins in plug) and brought it back to the position of the picture

it seemed to make sense when i pulled on it, it came out a few mm without the pins coming out anywhere. every day is a school day (even on saturdays)

1 Like

The DIN male pins are floating design so when you pull back a bit they align and grab their sockets firmly.

mate how did i not know this, totally made sense when i just did it.i thought you were all crazy, thats coming from someone whos had transit bolts in an nds for two years!haha

2 Likes

And this is the very rare situation when mister fiddle is doing anything good :rofl: