I need to get a new car

That’s a fate worse than death by angry pickup-truck. I don’t even own a stationary trainer. I hate the idea of it.

I cycle 5800 miles/yr, YOY for the last decade. It can be a hassle at times, but I have been OK so far. I ride smart, and avoid arterials. I ride some gravel too. That’s much better in terms of vehicular traffic, but I have to drive at least 25 miles to get started. I prefer to ride from home and not haul my bike anywhere.

3 Likes

Why not that one?

Opus No. 3

$7,500.00

America’s newest, classiest little car. Perfect for college campuses, event sites, and private communities. Fully-enclosed with a heater, electric windows, keyless entry, rear view camera, and an AM/FM/Bluetooth radio, the No. 3 is the perfect all-season vehicle for making your home turf feel a little closer together.

3 Likes

And it’s ‘olive’!

2 Likes

My Son has a Macan GTS…

I bought another A4 Quattro 45 The fast SUV’s are way to expensive. Macan S is $60K, Volvo’s not my style… MB way expensive… BMW Yawn… Testicla not interested in an electric car. 2023 A4 45 Car & Driver clocked it at 4.8 seconds 0-60 it’s a quick car.

Absolutely, in the Naim spirit, and as a bonus, with the same name as the OP avatar :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Not as quick as a Tesla can be…

Indeed but this one’s chrome bumper and I know which I’d have :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Quick isn’t the only metric. FYI my neighbor has a Testla the bigger sedan it’s a nice car, but not my cup of tea

In Toronto here, it’s also the Audi and Mercedes drivers that don’t use indicators. I believe they’re just an entitled bunch …

Actually BMW drivers tend to be a little more on the ball here and often use them.

1 Like

It’s a historic thing, if they don’t indicate you can’t tell how far right they’re going to go.

2 Likes

Well would you believe it!

Just checked the handbook for my nine & a half year old 3 Series, which I have owned from new, & apparently indicators are fitted as standard.

Must have a look for them tomorrow…

5 Likes

Very good, Cf. I needed a belly laugh. Very droll …
Thanks. :laughing:

If you’re struggling, they can sometimes be found concealed by decorative amber plastic trim that the manufacturer has decided to use to decorate the four corners of the vehicle externally. And very strangely, that handbag/manbag hanger that the manufacturer has thoughtfully placed on one side of the steering wheel column can in some cars be moved up and down, which makes the indicator lights flash and show through the amber trim.

That same stalk thing on some cars also can move forward (though other cars click backwards) and cause the headlight beams to drop and point a bit to one side: useful if you are dazzled by the bright glow of the rear of the car right in front of you.

1 Like

Next time you visit France you’ll see this is the most popular car on the road

3 Likes

Don’t exagerate . That kind of car is only for inside the city. But the brand ( Citroen and Renault ) are indeed the most popular. It should be more popular inside Paris, as it’s a nightmare here to ride and find a place.

1 Like

Looks like you been reading an Audi owner’s manual…

1 Like

When I look out of my Amsterdam office building I see the same type / model vehicle.

2 Likes

What makes you think I was joking?

1 Like

Cripes looks like I might also need to get a new (to me) car! Some rotters helped themselves to my car a couple of nights back. Unlikely to be seen again. Currently trying to negotiate use of a neighbour’s drive way - a very rare thing where I live.

Peter