I need to get a new car

Go on. You know you want to. Go on, go on, go on.

4 Likes

Thet are inanimate objects they are neither good or evil🙂

Go cycling on public roads in the U.S. for a while. That will change your mind.

2 Likes

My last car was a V60 cross country. A fine practical car, and with the T5 petrol fairly quick. The gearbox was a bit slow though so not really a sporty drive, but then that is hardly what it was designed for. I doubt the 4WD engaged more than a handful of times in my three years though

Superb cabin and utterly reliable, as were my previous Volvos.

Bruce

2 Likes

Yes, there are some really evil pick up trucks out there. I do feel sorry for the drivers though!:sunglasses:

1 Like

As an American I absolutely agree that pickup truck owners tend to be ass****s
Back on topic: I think I may just get another A4. I really like mine, and I’d be fine with another. But I’m going to put it off for awhile

1 Like

Reminds me of the line “if you ever feel that your life is pointless, spare a thought for the BMW factory workers who install the indicators*.”

* turn signals

7 Likes

You’ve never read Christine, have you?

2 Likes

Now THAT’S a car!

Get the Audi and option the colour matched fenders/wheel arches.

We live in an area that definitely requires all wheel drive and something that safe. Country roads here are all single lanes and full of hazards. After lots of research we settled on a VW Touareg it’s probably a bit bigger than I thought but Mrs Pete loves it. She’s already clocked up 17,000ks and we’ve only had it since September.

Get a used porsche macan. Had one loved it. Traded it for an s4 which was just too fast, The macan does have enough engine and handles great.

Does that coincide with you setting up your hifi again?

3 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Pretty much

1 Like

She’s probably just about reached UK by now :wink: :joy:

1 Like

Light trucks, including pickups, outsell cars 3 to 1 in the US, so that increases the odds of the drivers being a**holes.

BMW discontinued the current X2, but a camouflaged prototype of the 2024 model has been featured by Motor1.com. It will, apparently, bear more resemblance to the X4 than previously.

Easily 90% of all the deliberate harassment, aggression and hostility towards me as a cyclist comes from truck drivers. Ask any road-riding cyclist where I am and they nod in 100% agreement. After that, it’s the motorcyclists, and I don’t get that part, since they have this campaign of yard signs to “give them space” - screw that, if they want to be respected by motorists, they need to respect cyclists in the same way.

Other than the aggression and hostility, most motorists are incompetent, distracted drivers.

1 Like

That’s why I moved my bike indoors and converted it to a stationery one.

Is that a bike made of folded paper :grin: ?

3 Likes