Iconic album covers. What’s your favourite?

2 Likes

It certainly is … ordered a mo’ ago. :+1:

1 Like

I queued for ages outside Tower Records in NYC to buy the cassette in 1990. It was well worth the hassle!

2 Likes

Always quite liked this one

4 Likes

11 Likes

Bought this one this week, great album and beautiful cover!

Jonathan

2 Likes

I’ve always loved the John Byrne album covers.

2 Likes

This one is just as good!

5 Likes

Ok @AndyP I’ve dithered long enough. @dave-marshall ordering it was the final push.

3 Likes

I think to be truly “ iconic” an album cover has to have wide and instant recognisability and this takes time- so maybe nominating this is a bit premature… we shall see.

4 Likes

I think it could be classed as iconic because it is a photo shot by Ian Berry in 1964. I think the photo was also used on a compilation many years ago but can’t remember what.

2 Likes

Really? I didn’t realise that it was an old photo- but that makes sense looking at it again- yep iconic​:+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

Screenshot 2020-09-05 at 17.37.39

I had to scroll through the thread and surprised not to see this.

The story behind the title

Jilted girl to guy *You said you would love me forever

Guy *Forever Changes *

11 Likes

An album so good it almost deserves a thread of it’s own :thinking:
“If you want to count me, count me out”

2 Likes

It is indeed, one forum member uses it as his/her signature photo

1 Like

10cc How Dare You

10 Likes

I had the great good fortune to have a long chat with John after one of our annual RSA lunches. Told me a very amusing story about how he used to paint himself a new tax disc back in the day.

A great writer too. Tutti Frutti is brilliant - “A large ouzo and another one of your cream amphoras for Miss Toner”

G

6 Likes

I had no idea that was the same John Byrne. Tutti Frutti was genius; I also loved The Slab Boys, which I saw in (possibly) the Kings Theatre in Glesga in nineteen canteen

2 Likes

Me & He!

G

8 Likes

Good to see a pic of a talented chap!

1 Like