Iconic album covers. What’s your favourite?

19 Likes

Iconic enough?

9 Likes

I think these work as a pair:

9 Likes

Probably my favourite album cover:

8 Likes

This was one I probably never wanted my parents to know I owned:

Gosh, I’ve just been admonished by the system for making several replies, but looking through the thread it’s tricky to like half a dozen disparate covers if you only like one, and which is it?

5 Likes

Its a Mystery :sunglasses:

4 Likes

One of my favorites, the second album from Elvis Presley. This copy is a reissue from 1986.

6 Likes

Screen Shot 2020-10-01 at 9.18.46 PM

3 Likes

And for those who don’t know the Artist and album title? Of course I know :woozy_face:

2 Likes

:+1:

3 Likes

Grace Jones

13 Likes

and

6 Likes

Sigur Ros: Agaetis Byrjun
:wink:

1 Like

Ah, how could I forgot this one? From my favorite Beatle and all-time human beings…
Screen Shot 2020-10-02 at 6.35.45 PM

13 Likes

I was living in Birmingham when this came out and it seemed you couldn’t go anywhere in the city without seeing that cover. Billboards, subways. Shop windows The laugh is I couldn’t afford it. Bought three times since :sunglasses:

3 Likes

You’re right about the price Graham, however this was my main present the Christmas of 1970, i was so lucky.Followed by the Bangladesh set, whichever year that came out :smile:

2 Likes

Some proper iconic covers here, the 70’s produced some amazing cover artwork.
Sabbath, Zeppelin, Yes, Boston, Rush, AC-DC, Floyd, joy Division, Motörhead, etc.
I guess there are also those covers that are iconic to us as individuals, others might not get why, they are just special to us.
Here’s a couple of mine (I would have posted ‘Overkill’ but that’s already been posted)
image image

4 Likes

I’ve got the vinyl RATM and yes that is an iconic cover and an iconic image. Good call.

1 Like

That RATM sleeve image is most certainly iconic, possibly the most thought provoking on this thread. Self immolation must be one of the most shocking and desperate forms of protest.

2 Likes

infected
Rest in Peace Andy Dog Johnson, for making this maelstrom vision for your brother’s masterpiece.

6 Likes