Iconic album covers. What’s your favourite?

Bryan has been behind some great covers in more ways than one, but this is my favourite.
Ambiguous enough to suggest a few narratives.

4 Likes

PeterTosh-LegalizeIt

10 Likes

I also like my Bush doctor vinyl album with its scratch and sniff :sunglasses:

1 Like

burnin

7 Likes

R-728062-1346502420-8916.jpeg

3 Likes

It just beautifully defines a time:

Traffic - Traffic.jpeg
Traffic

3 Likes

Close up and personable, but aloof ?

5 Likes

Same.

6 Likes

The Clash ‘London calling’ this is for me the best cover ever. So powerful. I must admin I have never heard the music!

2 Likes

As you probably know The Clash London Calling sleeve was based on this
R-1362967-1512229178-7111.jpeg

13 Likes

On the subject of The Clash. They recorded with Mikey Dread who toured with the band and took them down to Channel One Studio in Jamaica, they recorded some tracks which ended up on Sandinista but had to make a hasty departure when they got word that local gunmen were heading there way after some payola.
Around this time in 1980 Mikey Dread released this classic with the apocalyptic sleeve. On the back cover Mikey name checks The Clash & Mick Gallagher with soecial thanks for the positive vibes and inspiration
51heR2r6oKL.AC_SX355 R-612651-1138413476.jpeg

1 Like

Another favourite sleeve from the radio broadcaster, DJ and idiosyncratic Reggae n Dub recording artist Mikey Dread

R-848036-1288113941.jpeg

1 Like

Hope the above pics are not to grainy, their stock images from tinternet, I dont have a good enough camera to photograph my original copies

This is a marvelous album… been enjoying it for decades

1 Like

Greetings sjw, if you like the good Doctor and dont have it Sons Of Thunder also on Greensleeves is another good un

Great cover an’ that . But you’ve never heard the album?!?! How is that even possible, writes this outraged Clash fan.

1 Like

2 Likes

At the risk of appearing negative and pedantic about this rather sweet thread, album covers we like/love are not the same as iconic!

Two very different things.

Sorry, I’m being a bore…

14 Likes

It is better though to go with album covers we like, and preferably why.
Else you get the same results as a google search.
Don’t you think?

No…album covers we like is a different topic, surely? But…I’ve never googled “album covers which are iconic”…maybe I should :grin:

2 Likes