If a product has to go back to the retailer because it's faulty, should they pick up the courier fee?

They are indeed…

Sorry to hear of your issues. To clarify, when you buy any product (not just Naim) your contract is with the retailer, not the manufacturer (unless you are buying direct from that manufacturer).
All returns have to come back to us via retailers.
In normal times, I’d expect retailers to be able to sort things more smoothly - certainly within 2 days of purchase!

1 Like

This was in August 2018 to be fair.

Thanks for the clarification, @Naim.Marketing . That makes more sense now… :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

That too!?

Not a political comment.

Since Brexit packages above a certain value have different customs arrangements both in to and out of the UK.

UK to France there is paperwork that has to be filled in, Customs duty and vat has to be paid. The paperwork is available for private individuals if you know where to look. Delays are usual and what was once order pick up from the UK on a Monday and have delivered the next day is now pick up on a Monday and get delivered within three weeks but no guarantee on delivery times.

Despatching from France to the UK there is no paperwork available for the process from HMRC, they have not got anything except advice for companies wanting to export from outside the UK in to Britain. There is no clear process for private individuals. There is paperwork for the French end, just not the UK end.

Naim repair shop are not accepting deliveries from individuals located in France. They have taken in my refurb via Focal in France who have shipped business to business to Naim. I expect that is how the kit will be returned to me. Perhaps that is what will be required for other countries, a return to dealer and then they will send to Naim, business to business.

I understand that in the UK the ‘normal’ process is to return to dealer so perhaps that is going to be normal for all outside the UK too. It’s just going to take a lot longer than pre Brexit.

Re the warranty claim in the UK it is the seller who is liable not the manufacturer. Other countries may have different legal rights.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.