If you only had 1 track to play…

You should go. Get out of your head, so to speak.

I was telling the other half and she told me grab a flight. :rofl::rofl: You should definitely go.

2 Likes

I had the same thought. Bordeaux to NYC? :joy:

1 Like

Thank you good fellows. I will go. Regards how I feel I think it’ll cheer me up. Bless you all.

7 Likes

Report back about how good it was, take care.

1 Like

That may be true, and it may be that such systems can sound very good - for what they are: but my point was that inherently a car is not an ideal listening room, however much anyone may enjoy playing music, or anything else in it.

As for being ‘needing’ music while driving, I appreciate that in some countries distances are large, but presumably they break down into shorter legs with breaks? (In Britain it was not uncommon for me to drive 300 miles in a single session with only a toilet break on the way - but I guess that is nothing in Australia or America.) I used to drive always with music on, until one day my dulled attention resulted in a potentially very serious incident - a blowout of both offside tyres at 90mph caused by a piece of metal on the road that I hadn’t noticed. Had that motorway been busy not deserted, the outcome may have been very different. Since then I have been very careful never to play engaging music, nor play music very loud, keeping it purely as background noise just loud enough to hear over car/road/wind noise, and keep my attention 100% on the road.

We’ll have to agree to disagree. I find music keeps me awake and alert but that’s just me, so far I haven’t (touch wood) I have any indecents.

I thought it did me, but after that incident analysing why I hadn’t seen and tried to avoid the bit of metal I realised I had been listening quite intently to the music. For me it was a wake-up call. But of course everyone behaves differently, and it might not happen to anyone else - just worth being aware of the potential. Anyway I hadn’t intended to get into pros and cons of music while driving, just that I’m not convinced about a car being a good listening room - though I note you didn’t say good, just underrated - I suppose that depends how people rate them, which will depend on the car!!!

I agree. My take: concentrate on what you’re doing.
I don’t drive, but I do cycle:
cyclists on the road with head/earphones: stupid.

1 Like

I let it be (pun intended) the longest piece of music:

You really should. Jackson Browne has a lot of heart, great songs (obviously) and always great musicians. In fact, I can’t really imagine any better music for a mellow mood.

1 Like

Highway Star from Made in Japan.

1 Like

I do hope you’re feeling better. Hopefully Jackson cheered you up? Perhaps a review of the gig would be helpful. I’d love to see Jackson play. Maybe sometime he’ll make it to the UK

1 Like

I play my naim system 7 days a week.

Since i bought the naim system i have not stopped buying cds. The sound is so good.
Lucky i have my grandmothers pension to pay for it.

I play mine seven days a week as well, I just don’t listen to the system unless there is a problem that interferes with the music.

Live gigs are the best. For example the stones. Eagles. Springsteen dwight yoakam.
Hank williams 111. Beach boys. Gigs i have been to . makes life worth living
When i was at school Louis Armstrong. Count Basie. Leonard Bernstein.
That is what music is about.

1 Like

I’d play Jeff Buckley’s ‘Grace’ LP on vinyl at huge volume, making them listen to the whole album all the way through. Then I might play it again.

And I’d show them the plectrum that I nicked from JB’s microphone stand at the Junction Club in Cambridge over 20 years ago! (JB apparently got it from Sam’s Music Store in NYC.)

I haven’t read any of this thread so I may be repeating what someone else has said but it’s music that matters. I’d play some good music that both of us could enjoy.

If I could only play one track I’d ask “what would you like to hear?”.

sjb

One of my test tracks for new gear! Nilsson?