Innuos 2.0 - Innsights

Initial sq report would say is a def improvement using 2.0 in terms of more clarity and mirco detail, also lost a little digital harshness in some poor recordings. Considering free am very pleased

Also quobuz integration works very well and gives the roons bit I liked previously. Searching albums different just need to get used to that and looking forward to more widgets so can tailor home page to my tastes

Happy days :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Any ideas anyone ??, right now I can use the zenith

I hard booted the zenith, and this did the trick, so now running 2.03, cross upnp bridge and 272

Not sure tbh, i disabled roon when I installed so could use the app. It gave that choice but I am using it in USB mode. On server settings you can turn on upnp and other options have you done this via app or will it not get to that point?

The innuos help line is fantastic would ask them if still struggling and no one else knows how to resolve

Roughly a 10 minute install with a reboot, which suggested a continuation of the install but after which in fact the web page reloaded as 2.0 and the Sense app became active.

Itā€™s still updating Artists but in terms of sound I am pleasantly surprised that the noise floor has dropped noticeably. Thus I suspect the improvements others describe. No change in emphasis within the sound but certainly something to be pleased about. Considering Iā€™m using a cheap wireless bridge whose proximity to my 202 and Zenith produces audible noise the difference was immediately noticeable and very pleasing.

Less pleasing is the fact I canā€™t get any of the search to work at all. Filters work on Albums but nothing on any search works. Do I have to wait for it to finish indexing before it becomes live?

The same here, both top and bottum search not workink

Fully indexed and itā€™s lost several album covers and no element of search is working,

Iā€™m impressed with the sound - hard to be definitive, yet - but its at least the equal of what I was getting with iPeng in play. Same components in the chain with both iPeng and Innuos Sense.

Iā€™m also not yet seeing all my artwork in the app. The server icon in the app indicates itā€™s still updating artists, but the number is still at 4000 plus, as it was when I went to sleep.

The look and layout of the app, as it appears on my iPad, is very appealing.

Mine did 2,000 inside 2 hours and has reduced the total by about 250, presumably by amalgamating boxed sets and recording them as one album. Iā€™m wholly convinced the sound improvement is related to noise floor and that squares entirely with what Nuno said to expect.

Have uninstalled and reinstalled the app. No element of search works. Raised a support ticket. Raised a second ticket for comment. I canā€™t believe they havenā€™t fixed the behaviour whereby every meta data edit makes an album New Music.

We shall see.

1 Like

Are you connect via usb or lan? Iā€™m lan, and searchā€™s not working either

My search does work for some reason, but the New Music glitch is present here, too.

The New Music thing is not something I see as a glitch. IPeng and LMS both did the same. Itā€™s behaviour which has carried over and it really ought not to have.

Yes, itā€™s a bit annoying. Having never really taken to the UI of iPeng, I was comparing this Innuos Sense quirk to Roon.

The SQ is really rather something, my ears are telling me, as I play more and more tunes. Great stuff.

(My artists remaining to be processed is stuck at 4327!)

1 Like

Same here on sound. Way ahead of Roon or Roon experimental mode.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve always had the opinion surely we just want to hit play and then enjoy the music (SQ), then purely basic skip/ volume functions as quick access.

That said with Roon i did like to glossy curation, but i found then my focus was less listening to the music.

Anyway enjoy those on 2.03, looks like the rest of us maybe waiting for 3.0.

I have encountered an issue with the update, just posted on the Roon forum.
Im not sure if it is ā€˜operator errorā€™ but another person posted they also have the same issue

I use the Sonore UPnP Bridge to get Roon to my NDS - worked fine before update to 2.0, now Roon cannot find Squeezelite device (ie. the Bridge).

Strangely, I am able to play music from my Zenith Mk3 to my NDS using the Innuos App, and ,UPnP Bridgeā€™ appears in the bottom right hand side of the screen, so it clearly is working OK.
Some link to bridge to Roon seems to have been broken in the meantime.

Iā€™ve sent a message to Innuos Support, see what they say.
It might be something to do with the Roon update also though, as both Roon and Innuos updated on the same day for meā€¦.doesnā€™t make it easy to narrow things down!

Had a response off Nuno re search. It seems the top search button searches your local library and the bottom that plus streaming services. The bottom one works for me but only in qubuz. He says they have identified the problem and will provide a fix

Just tried it, after upgrading to 2.0.3, and would like to go back to roon: using the sense app to change integration to roon, roon squezelite experimental mode, started roon, all ok, but when trying to select the audio zone, a squeezebox device canā€™t be found (I think initially I had the same issue, setting up the SGC upnp brige, but canā€™t recall right now how to fix)

1 Like

Same as me then Kim.
When I get a response from Innuos Support team I will post back here and let you know what they say.

And what is more, Qobuz sounds spectacularly good. Closing the gap on ripped content.