Innuos 2.0 - Innsights

2.0.4 just released as a hot fix and fixes search issue. That’s damned good service

2 Likes

Wow!

2 Likes

And search is now working, thanks

1 Like

Hell yeah. 2.0.4 installed within seconds of @dayjay kindly posting here and search is now as superb as it looked in the Qobuz live video. An evening of fun ahead once I’ve fixed a couple of missing covers for Mrs. H.

2 Likes

Well I do appreciate you lot getting all the teething issues sorted. So much in fact, I’ve ordered a Zen Mini Mk3 and I’m collecting it on Saturday.
This is to dip my toes as I will run rca out to my pre. I will also try my Chord Mojo to get a feel for the USB out. I’m set to demo Naim streamers next week, so I will see what setup suits best. If 2.0 is as good as it looks I might just end up with a Qutest and upgrading to a Zenith. We’ll see how it goes.

2 Likes

I found Zenith and Qutest far too forward. I “settled” for a Hugo TT2. As of now this combo is sounding fab even with a cheap wireless bridge rather than Ethernet.

I’m still getting to grips with the new level of sound quality. The drop in the noise floor is wonderful. The search is world class and planned to only get better. In the meantime Nuno has also responded to the search and cover issue. I’ve suggested he needs to start shouting about the sound quality change. He really does.

2 Likes

Hi Mike,

I’m interested in combining my Zenith with a Chord DAC sometime soon (I did briefly have a Zen Mini into a Qutest last year). Does the TT2 not have a USB input?
Edit: just looked up specs and it does. So, my question is can’t I simply go either USB out from Zenith to TT2 or USB out of Zenith into my Audiophilleo SPDIF converter into BNC on TT2?

Yes, and yes to the SQ! I’m revelling in it, as much as time allows.

I have a remote session scheduled with Nuno for tomorrow to try and resolve my “artists proceeding to process” issue, which is still resolutely stuck at 4327!

Anyone knows, what is the best output formatinto innuos when usine upnpbridge, wav or lpcm……?

Thanks Mike, its good to know the Qutest can be a bit forward as its going into a 282. If I look to put a full time DAC in, I will audition Chord vs Naim. I suspect I’ll be upgrading to a Zenith sooner rather than later. Now, did somebody say M-Scaler?

I think it’s fair to say that this delivers. I’m not sure what’s most impressive, the lovely interface or the improvement in sq which is a bit of a bonus albeit a large one. What a piece of equipment this thing is

3 Likes

I want to start a parallel of MK2 and Zen users.

How many times a day do you;

1. Check if 2.03 has a date (hourly, daily, weekly)
  2. Clicking update system at my innuos.com (hourly, daily, weekly)

Oh the pain :tired_face:

1 Like

Sat here editing meta data and adding back a couple of missing covers from recent classical purchases. Batch editing would be a win here.

Sorry but currently wholly unable to rip myself away from this. Into the 4th consecutive hour. Mrs. H. forced herself to bed an hour later than normal having sat eulogising the clarity, reverb tails and a bunch of other stuff. 16 year old tried to use his Innuos app to take the living room having heard what we heard. Mightily pleased he can still access all the ripped music from his Muso QB.

Apologies to all still waiting but the app and the musical uplift have absolutely been worth the wait.

Couple of bugs I’m about to report but nothing terrible. App freezes if you update meta data on a collection with more than 2 albums. Also, albums otherwise currently correct in every respect randomly have a track by “Unknown Artist”

1 Like

Ha! Same here, with a few extra hours on the clock.

It’s a winner for sound and vision!

1 Like

I really need to go to bed, but…

1 Like

The radio function is much better, search returns radio stations and artists that are playing on radio stations and it’s very fast. If an artist or song is playing and you like it, click the search button next to it and it finds it in your library or on qubuz, very clever

Can I ask what you guys raving about the SQ of 2.0 were listening to before? Were you using iPeng with your Innuos?

Was thinking the same how many where using the USB output as I found time and time again that over ethernet or Roon experimental mode was superior in particular noise floor and detail.

I used iPeng but rapidly moved to LMS. No noticeable change in sound quality for me. This, however. Nuno mentioned by email earlier that they won’t say anything about the sound quality changes because they’d rather leave it to customers to describe.

USB for me.

Prior to 2.0 I preferred USB out of my Zenith to SPDIF converter into my Nova for best SQ (controlled by iPeng), but for library access and management I much preferred Roon, mostly Experimental. The latter was USB out to Nova via SPDIF converter.

The new Innuos solution equals Roon for library management but exceeds both Roon and iPeng for SQ. Quite easily, too.

2 Likes

Expect a small riot after that last sentence but… I think it’s a reasonable assertion.

1 Like