Innuos Issues

Thanks easeback1, have now changed profile, will test when the teenagers get up!

Thought I was hearing things at first!

Good news back to normal speed but I keep getting a background noise like tuning an old AM radio……

Anyone else experience this. Interestingly my Atom is fine, it’s just my main system with NDS with this weird noise….

I’d try rebooting everything. If that doesn’t work, probably time to call in Innuos support.

1 Like

I’m running a Zen MkIII into an NDS and using the Sense App. “Background noise like tuning an old AM radio” would be a fair description of what happens when I try to play DSD files since v 2.5.1 of the Sense App came out. Are you hearing this for all types of files?

It only occurs if I’ve been listening to radio paradise for say an hour plus. I click stop and the play nd radio produce is restored. Qobuz and files are fine.

Several big issues at present. The total loss of Qobuz as a service is being addressed. The loss of sound quality reported by several users, myself included, I’m not sure where that’s up to.

1 Like

What kind of sound quality issues are you experiencing Mike ?

Drop off of mids. Slight sibilance and generally unengaging. I’m using the terms others have used.

1 Like

I thought it was sounding a bit flat recently.

1 Like

Interesting. Post 3.0.3 update or even before that?

In my case my DAC was away for a while after going haywire for no obvious reason. Sounded great when it came back but then powering it up one day via the remote it went on/off/on and the sound deterioration was obvious so, although I wasn’t sure whether it was amps or DAC, back it went. New PCB f-r a second time but no actual fault found. That left amps but the loan of a Qutest in the absence of my TT2 suggested the amps were pretty okay. Back cones the TT2. On power up I note the new Innuos update sad foolishly do it before playing anything because they’re normally straightforward and have only ever improved stuff.

Started playing. Wasn’t sure at first. Am now. Something remains amiss. Would have assumed amps despite the mostly okay Qutest experience but then I started reading others describing exactly what I was (or wasn’t) hearing.

1 Like

I am still on 3.0.1. as I had an earlier problem with the way new music was being displayed, not the current issue of missing Qobuz albums, so I decided to let things calm down before doing further updates. I looked into the comments you referred to and see some were reporting issues back at the 3.0.1. update. The problem is it doesn’t sound broken just not as good as it was, I think.

1 Like

Are these issues only when innous is used as streamer - I use mine as server only - and stayed on 2.6 so far

Not to the best of my knowledge. Certainly impacts some of the stream only Pukse/Pulsar stuff but also Zen Mini, Zen and Zenith. Certainly in my case it’s local and net streams.

working fine here in the wilds of BC Canada. 3.0.3 version.

Fine here on the sunnisarfcoast of England as well. I was away on business so expecting to return to all sorts of problems, but all seems fine, including BBC and other radio.