Innuos Phoenix Net- any user here?

Do local rips or hidef files on a server sound better in your system than Qobuz web-streamed files?

Yes, although Qobuz in general sounds much better with ‘PhoenixNet and Statement than any other way I’ve tried and also brings it even closer to downloads.

2 Likes

Mike

Many thanks for continuing with your part time consultancy duties!! I picked the phoenixnet up from Cymbiosis on Christmas Eve, whilst Peter was fitting a new power supply to the record player. Phil was most complimentary about you. And I have been Captain Slow at plugging everything in! I think I’ll keep things as simple as possible and wait to see how long Innuos will take to release the ethernet update we’ve been waiting for. In the meantime, there’s just the, not so small, task of feeding the statement with its favourite - lots of cd’s to be burned (again!).

Peter

Phil’s a great guy… And it’s tremendous Cymbiosis are now doing Innuos.

Did you lose everything on the CD?

Will you be backing everything up now?

I have a belt and braces approach, with everything on a second disk that is regularly backed up to the clound using Backblaze, which is easy to set up and relatively cheap. What’s more, if a disk fails, they will send you one with everything on it, which is quicker and easier than doing it all from the cloud.

Haooy Sunday with everything wired up and blasting away. You should be very happy with your new combo that will just keep getting better over the next week or two as everything burns in and the OXCO in the PhoenixNet settles down.

as a final outcome I have now on order an new Innuos switch and a dedicated roon nucleus…let’s see…

4 Likes

Yep - the hard drives were replaced and I had not undertaken any back ups. Slightly frustrating as I have a synology nas with 4 chunking great wd red hard drives configured to back up and save the data if one of the drives were to fail. But only if you have the data saved to them!!

Peter

1 Like

Good stuff - My dealer’s now got new stock so my replacement PhoenixNET should be here tomorrow.

5 Likes

Warming up nicely :+1:

9 Likes

So does the PhoenixNet improve SQ for both legacy and current streaming platforms? It seems like the legacy streamers would benefit more but that’s just speculation on my part.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.