Innuos Phoenix Net- any user here?

Thanks- my network is OK so far, means no issues in terms of stability etc.
But I noticed that my sonciorbiter has some issues - it has always same IP@ although its DHCP enabled! I will try a new roon server first…

1 Like

I’ve had the PhoenixNet on 24/7 for 21 days and you can tell you that the Aja -Gadd solo is a great benchmark! Gadd’s performance is all the more remarkable when experiencing a lower noise floor. On this particular solo, drummers will appreciate hearing several ghost notes introduced between Wayne Shorter’s phrases.
PhoenixNET brings subtleties forward without compromising imaging. Bottom line is that those that listen predominantly to symphony and music with texture and nuance will be very very pleased. Blasting LaGrange? Not so much …

1 Like

There is complex part of the drum solo where you can clearly him find a split second to bring the drum sticks together for a loud click before he resumes the solo….great. Glad you are enjoying the Phoenix.

Well that was unfortunately short but sweet. It arrived yesterday and all was good. Got home from work tonight to find my NDX2 missing from the network and a very warm PhoenixNET :flushed:

Powered it off, left it for a while and then powered it back on again but it stops working after 10 seconds so something is amiss. Very disappointing for a brand new unit but these things can happen. Back to the dealer it goes…

Oops……not good, it will get sorted🙏

1 Like

Good luck! Please tell us how it goes further on!

1 Like

It’s a bill disappointing. It’s now the third faulty Innuos PhoenixNet. What happens with Innuos?

1 Like

Did you change the switch ports? Cable swap? Dhcp on?
And do you use a dedicated roon server? And what NAS do you have?

1 Like

No nothing was changed. It’s just a fault with the unit itself rather than a configuration issue unfortunately.

That‘s strange, I have some issues but it seems that sonicorbiter has some probkems with IP@….

Oh that’s a pain. It was just plug and play here (while it worked)

Thanks Gary. Just bad timing as this weekend’s crappy weather looked to be a perfect excuse to stay in and play music. Typical :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

It’s unfortunate but I wouldn’t let it put you off. As you’ll have read, Innuos’ service is impeccable and will certainly resolve whatever problem there is. Buggers up plans for the weekend but still worth having a go.

1 Like

They are really good!

1 Like

Indeed Dave - not the best start but first world problems etc. From the few hours listening I had on Wednesday, I can’t wait to get my hands on a replacement !

3 Likes

They found what was not working? Is it the Sonicorbiter?

They suggested different tests like switching ports, changing cables etc. We came to the finding that the sonicorbiter has problems receiving a valid IP@. Now, I will get a new switch for testing and a dedicated roon nucleus. Pretty sure the switch is OK, but let‘s see next testings.

1 Like

My Melco was receiving a wrong ip adress too. Hopefully you will get soon sorted. But I feel it’s more an Innuos problem.
My dealer had a second one, so I didn’t waited too long.

Michaelb

If you happen to notice this post, I wonder if you could spare me yet another moment? I have been horrendously busy for too long and today I set aside a little time to plug the units together. I am following up here, as the other thread is now locked.

A gentle reminder that I am very ignorant of this technology… I am assuming that the sense app has still not made it across the line to be used via ethernet with the nd555. If this is the case, and without looking into roon, may I please check the ethernet chain.

My assumption had been virgin router → phoenixnet → statement → nd555, using the streamer feed port on the statement.

When I tried this, the nd555 vanished from the naim app.

I suspect the solution for the moment should be that separate cables run:

router → phoenixnet as above; phoenixnet → statement ditto; and phoenixnet → nd555.

Most grateful if you are able to provide me with a steer on this. Any indication on when we might expect an ethernet update on sense?

If it’s not too late - Happy New Year!

Peter

Happy New Year, Peter!

Glad to hear you have your Statement back home :grinning:

If you have a PhoenixNet, the best solution for sound quality is always to connect the Statement using its LAN port only to any of the out ports of the PhoenixNet and to connect the ND555 likewise took one of the PhoenixNet out ports. This will also allow you control replay from the Naim app.

In theory, the next update of InnuOS and Sense will introduce full Tidal support and beta support for Ethernet-connected streamer/DACs like the ND555, however if you drop Innuos support a line from their website and request that they implement the LMS workaround for you now, they will likely play ball and set up your Statement for this in a remote session online, though the option is not fully supported and is still a little glitchy. It only takes a few minutes for them to do this.

How well this Logitech Media Server workaround works is, however, also affected by the Naim firmware: the latest version can be a little cantankerous, whereas the previous one was rock solid. Hopefully Naim and Innuos will work together to iron out what causes some of these glitches down the line: it looks like there are kinks to be straightened out at the Naim end, too. For example, Innuos artwork currently displays fine for locally-stored material when playing to the Atom HE, but does not display playing to the ND555…😵‍💫

On the whole, though, controlling replay to the ND555 works fine using the workaround and sounds better than using the Naim app, although the latter still sounds very good.

Hope that helps.

Let me know how you get on.

Mike

1 Like