Innuos Sense 2.1 now available to download with integration for Naim streamers and Tidal MQA

Sorry, I’ve not explained myself clearly. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Is there an option for NDX, and another different option for NDS?

Same tab

1 Like

So which profile would best fit Naim ND5XS2? I am using Naim Uniti currently and so far there are no issues.

I’m not sure why the Uniti is a different profile to the NDX and NDS…:thinking:.

me neither, maybe it is an age thing - NDX/NDS are older streamers than Uniti, NDX2, ND555 and ND5XS2? I assume the Sense profiles are just different setting of the LMS engine Innuos use and there are probably not that many differences. Perhaps I’ll ask Innuos support.

Cheers, Ian

1 Like

Innuos had to create a new profile for the nds as, when I upgraded to 2.1, there were a few playability issues, notwithstanding I was a beta tester for 2.1. and all was fine before going live. All other naim products should be ok with the uniti tab selected.

1 Like

different streaming boards…

Read this topic and am a bit puzzled. Are the naim streamers controles via the Innuos or the other way round?

And is the second Ethernet port on the ZenMini III a bypass port to the naim streamer? So the naim streamer also gets a Ethernet connection?

To answer your questions in order:

A) You can use the Innuos Music Servers in three ways with Naim streamers:

1. As a server/NAS on which your music files are stored, controlled by your Naim Streamer using Naim’s app.
  2. As a Roon Core, controlled using the Roon app. The Innuos servers are underpowered (in terms of processing power) as a Core but tend to sound better than most other Core solutions (partly as a result) and work fine if you are not doing anything too demanding like digital signal processing or multiroom etc.
  3. As a music server controlled by Innuos’ own app Sense. This tends to give the best sound quality.

B

You can connect the Innuos product to your network and the Naim streamer to your Innuos product’s second ethernet (out) port. This generally sounds better unless you have a good switch with effective reclocking like an Innuos PhoenixNet, in which case you may be better off connecting both the Innuos product and Naim server directly to the switch. You just have to try which sounds best in your system.

I don’t have a Mini, but I assume the ports are similar to my Statement.

I hope that helps. If it doesn’t, just post again and I’ll try to be clearer.

4 Likes

Thank you.
Don’t have a ZenMini yet. Will dive in it a bit deeper and see if I can give the NAC 272 an extended live and better sound quality.
Reason for askin is that the other half is quite happy with the setup as it is now so it would be good to keep the current functionality.

I have both my NDX2 and Mini connected to my router, should that work? I’m not having any success and have selected Sense UPNP integration

Yes that should work. Select Uniti and not NDX/NDS in Audio settings, though, which is for the previous generation Naim streamers.

1 Like

Thanks, I’m not seeing any device selection menu though, seems to be looking for a dac

Make sure you have the latest update installed (2.1.1) in Server/Settings/System Update.

Then select Server, then Settings, then Audio. Select Refresh if necessary. Your NDX2 should then show. If it doesn’t, try restarting everything (including your router/switch). If that doesn’t help, contact Innuos support.

1 Like

Just to confuse matters further, Innuos have now brought out the Pulse series of products which don’t feature local storage and are intended for use with online streaming platforms like Qobuz and Tidal (but also to extend a home installation that already has a server with local storage).

1 Like

Got it sorted - cheers

1 Like

I am still on 2.0.10 as I prefer to let things settle and don’t need TIDAL.

Any thoughts on the SQ of the current Innuos?

Many thanks

Phil

No drop in sound quality at my end (Zenith MK2 user with Phoenix USB)

A further update was released yesterday, which I installed without issue. Update 2.1.1 if I remember rightly.

1 Like

Thanks. 2.2.1 is the latest.

Phil

Since 2.2.1 my radio paradise stream info is playing up. It shows the track info and art but if I play something else (other station or a ripped cd) and then go back to radio paradise, the info hangs on what was last played - the radio plays fine but the cover art and track info stays frozen. The only way I have found to get it to show properly again is to restart the innuous statement. Only seems to happen on radio paradise.

Anyone else noticed this, or fancy doing a quick check???