Innuos Sense 2.1 now available to download with integration for Naim streamers and Tidal MQA

Well, at least they’re getting there…

1 Like

Yes they are, my comment wasn’t a criticism just a observation of the large number of issues/scenarios that require to be addressed.

It works for me now.

1 Like

Ok got confirmation, guess i confused myself with the staged release.
MQA Unfolding is still being worked on.

I have confirmed that the Full TIDAL MQA-related implementation is still in progress.
(currently, we now can log in without squeezebox, among other integrations).
- MQA software unfolding is being developed and we are working hard on it.

1 Like

Hey guys, I know MQA is a touchy subject, but my current Lumin P1 streamer does the full unfold.
I would say that some music sounds really really good with MQA.
But, some is not so good at all, and has me scrambling for the remote to turn it down.
As with most formats, it comes down to how good it was originally recorded.
I upped my Tidal account to the top tier to have access to full MQA, I still have not decided whether I want to keep paying the extra or not.
Nice to finally hear it though, rather than just read about it, and all the BS that follows when people hear you are using MQA.

1 Like

Hope someone that is using Sense can help.

I currently use Roon to stream (wired) to my Uniti Atom. It is set up as a Roon core on my Innuos Zen mini.

I can disable Roon and use the sense app to play music to a headphone amp attached via usb to my Zen mini and it sounds very good. However I just can’t get it to play music to my Uniti Atom over ethernet via upnp which is what Sense 2.1 is supposed to do. I have selected Sense upnp but my Atom is not showing up as an option to select and stream to (so I can’t select a Naim profile either).

Everything is on the same network and rebooting everything does not help. Any ideas why sense does not see the Atom? Do I somehow have to select a upnp “input” on the Naim app (just as you would pick “analogue” if you were using the record player or “digital” for another source etc - I can’t see any upnp option anywhere in the app)?

Any advice would be most appreciated, it sounds like I’m missing something very simple!!

Peter

Went through the same issue with my nds . I think you’ll need to enlist innuos tech support to adjust the lms to recognize your atom.

Don’t select Native UPnP Integration, but Sense UPnP Integration, then got to Audio settings and select the Atom. Clicking on the three dots next to the Atom, click on Settings and then select Naim Uniti as your profile.

Thanks Michael - I’m actually selecting the Sense upnp option. The Innuos instructions on their website are fairly easy to understand but, in their example, where they show a number of streamers being picked up, my Atom does not show up.

I suspect the solution is as @Petersfi has suggested. Appreciate the feedback guys.

Peter

Have you tired restarting your Innuos?

I have and also rebooted the Atom and modem.

I’m afraid I’m at a loss, then, and hope Innuos support can help you resolve this swiftly. The Statement found my ND555 and Atom HE immediately.

@LSLFAN did you get this sorted as just tried to set my nd5xs2 up on sense upnp and it does not see it as a player either…

No I didn’t.

I was just curious to hear how it sounded over the network and will stick with Roon for now while they iron out some of the kinks that are still in the software.

1 Like

Ok cheers, I may do the same !

1 Like

I can use Sense to listen via my headphone amp but this is attached to the Zen mini via usb. I’m sure Innuos will sort it all out in due course.

I hope they do. Version 2.1.1 is available from Innuos with some bug fixes.

Fixes described thusly:

• Fixed an issue where TIDAL playlist only displayed 30 tracks, although the entire playlist was played

• Fixed an issue where Qobuz tracks in the player queue were displaying the incorrect album cover

• Fixed an issue where after the update, the new music section would not preserve the original order

• Fixed an issue where the player, when in full screen, would stop the progress in specific conditions

1 Like

In the Sense UPnP settings, there now is an additional option for the ndx or nds, distinct from the uniti. Need to select as applicable.

Is that an option for Naim streamers, or individual settings?

The latter, select under player profile.