Insane new pricing in Australia

Thank you, Bevo, for the warm welcome and your valuable insights!

I appreciate your perspective on the NDX2/SN3 combination, especially with the additional power supplies. I did have the opportunity to audition this combo extensively for a few days with various speakers including Focal Kanta 2, Focal Sopra 1, PMC Fact 12, and PMC Twenty5 26i. Surprisingly, I found the NDX-2/SN3 setup to provide a bigger and richer sound on most tracks, surpassing my expectations. Despite Focal’s tempting sale, I have to admit that I prefer the sound of my entry-level B&W 684 at home. As for PMC speakers, while I admire their performance, they are currently out of my budget.

Your advice not to rush the purchase is well taken. I’ll definitely take more time for further auditions before making a decision.

Cheers

1 Like

:+1::+1:

At one point in time I ran a NDX 2 > SN 2 combo for several months and it sounded fantastic. Six months down the road I added a XPS DR to the NDX 2 and thought it a lovely uplift. Several months later I added a HiCap DR to the SN 2 and experienced another improvement.

I would not hesitate to move forward with the NDX 2 > SN 3 combo.

I have heard the NCS 222 with the NAP 250 (2023) combo when first released in a dealer’s showroom and it did not impress me enough.

If the deals are good strike while they are available. Good luck with your decision.

1 Like

Well that’s great. I’ve started with bw and moved on to Naim speakers but bw still is used for av purposes. The good thing of proper Naim amplification is that you can try virtually any loudspeaker with them.

Guys, thanks for all the advice and insights shared. Today, I took the leap and became a proud owner of the NDX2/SN3 combo. It’s exciting to embark on this musical journey! (Interestingly, this was the last brand new SN3 available at the discounted price across all stores!)

Back to this thread’s topic, I was told at the store that some big decisions regarding the new distributor in Australia might be made soon.

14 Likes

Congratulations, that makes for a great system and I’m sure you will love it.

1 Like

Well done 100Harbour

The combo will bring you many years of musical enjoyment

Nice system👍

Congratulations! Listening enjoyment for years to come…

Thank you all for your kind words!
Quick question: Should I start by updating the firmware on both the NDX2 and SN3?

2 Likes

You should update the firmware on the NDX2, you will likely be prompted to do this anyway when you turn it on and it goes through the set up stage. There is no firmware to update on the SN3.

Well done on your new NDX2
I have had mine a few months now, and it is so much more ‘musical’ than my previous NDX
I have NDX2 + XPS2 (not DR)
Not sure if I am going any further to be honest, but hope you really enjoy it !

A new Importer for Focal NAIM Australia and New Zealand has been appointed and will be officially announced on Monday 25th Sept.

Westan Australia Pty Ltd

Good Luck and all who sail in her :roll_eyes:

D41

7 Likes

Based in Sydney, let’s hope they’re more successful than the last mob.

3 Likes

I think HQ based in Melbourne but have a few warehouses incl Sydney

Wait and see if this is real

I see that they have a base in Auckland too.

Let’s hope they just get stuff from Salisbury, pass it onto what remains of experienced Naim dealers, and keep the pricing reasonable and stable……Who knows, perhaps some of the great dealers who walked might be tempted to return to the brand…

1 Like

They don’t appear to have a great audio range at all

Let’s not hope - here we go again :weary:

1 Like

That’s not a bad thing, A2A had way too many brands and imo couldn’t focus on one. Also they grabbed Naim initially to keep others at bay.

1 Like

Fingers crossed things get back to some sense of normal for you folks. Weird times.

1 Like