Interesting TV

Mindhunter is excellent.

2 Likes

One of our favs. Great cast, great show. :+1:

Yes, bit gruesome in parts, but great story line and filming.

1 Like

‘Walter Presents’ CH4 ‘Night and Day’. Barcelona based serial killer drama has it’s moments. We’ve binged on it this week.

G

1 Like

Just caught up on the last part of Giri Haji. Absolutely one of the finest things I’ve seen on TV in recent years. Pretty much perfect in every way.

2 Likes

Ballet and bloodshed. Pretty impressive. Maybe not quite as perfect as Chernobyl or Better Things?

Funnily enough, the same team behind Chernobyl of course…

And I see Kelly MacDonald is in the next Line of Duty, wonder if this role helped?

1 Like

Anyone been watching the Ken Burns series on country music on the BBC?

Fascinating stuff – and I don’t even like country particularly. The first episode on the roots and beginnings of the music was particularly good.

Downloaded the first but yet to watch it. Can it beat The Vietnam War?

1 Like

Missing Elisabeth , this week was a very gripping account of a ladies dementia . did anyone see it. very very true to life and a real insight into dementia

1 Like

And a great performance from Glenda Jackson. The book is worth reading too.

Marvelous Mrs Maisel is back on Amazon from today for season 3. Cant wait, loved both seasons thus far, beautiful production, great performances and funny.

1 Like

50D2F8FF-0E8E-408C-BE54-466015A37CDB-259-0000003831FC8FE9

Both confusing and compelling. Based on Alan Moore’s graphic novels. Looking forward to Dr Manhattan.

3 Likes

I enjoyed it , specially the 4 or 5 first episodes. But a bit confusing after.

To come in 2020

2 Likes

Very soon

2 Likes

Looking forward to season 3 of both these. :+1:

Hope Mindhunter returns for 3rd season as well.

1 Like

I followed recently Somewhere in between. Not bad. However not on the level of the last mentioned.
I read that a third season of Unbelievable could be done. The scenarist have made Ellen Bronkowitch.

1 Like

How have I missed this thread?

The Man in the High Tower. Just finished the 4th and final season on Amazon Prime. That program is like crack cocaine to me. 4th season was the final season… but I’m not ready for it to end.

3 Likes

Never read the original but thought the 14 year old would be interested. Didn’t seem like my kind of thing but I thought it has been fantastic in the very best sense of the word.

A work colleague who read the original has been very excited at the meticulous attention to detail.

1 Like