Interesting TV

‘The Newsreader’ on BBC is a cut above.

G

5 Likes

Are you talking about the radio bbc ? They talked about the industry serial? Not sure to understand.

New series of Shetland starts tonight on BBC1.

4 Likes

No the BBC, there’s several free to air tv stations.

1 Like

A BBC1 tv broadcast of an Australian production.

G

2 Likes

Have you watched it ? If yes, what do you think of?

Respect, the recent movie on Aretha Franklin.
Anybody watched it? I wonder if it’s worth.

2 Likes

I see that Shetland is returning, tonight, for a 7th series… BBC1, at 9pm…

Shetland

1 Like

Yes, up to episode 4. We are enjoying it very much.

G

1 Like

Douglas Henshall’s last outing.

G

I have watched it and yes it was worth watching. Not the best autobiographical movie but enjoyable.

1 Like

Thanks. Will probably try. However the reviews say it’s a bit academic.

1 Like

Jennifer Hudson’s voice is good, no Aretha’s, but still strong.

1 Like

I loved Roads To Freedom first time around, spellbound almost… then inexplicably forgot about it. Watching tonight has been grimly wonderful. All the characters I’d forgotten…I always meant to read it. I will now.

2 Likes

I will wait the return of my wife who went a few days to see her parents, for holidays. I will try to interest her for soul music. That movie should do the task.

1 Like

Have watched 4 episodes of The Sandman on Netflix this week.

Quite entertaining but the swearing seems excessive and I’d be interested to know if this and the various aspects of ’diversity’ on show is representative of the original ‘comics’ or just meeting quotas?

The Netflix video quality is rubbish considering I have the 4k option and appears ridiculously pixelated - high demand or poor compression especially in low light scenes??? They’ve just put the price up too. Midern YouTube videos are almost BluRay quality, Netflix codecs used to be excellent. :thinking::woman_shrugging:

Watching the US version of House of Cards.

I’ve put off watching this for a long time thinking it would be such a disappointment after the excellent UK version with the brilliant Francis Urquhart but, actually, it’s quite good. It very much follows the underlying theme of the UK version. IMO not as brilliant as the UK version but a very close second.

4 Likes

James May - Our Man In Italy Amazon Prime

May does his second travelogue for Prime and this time he travels to Italy and explores the country in his own British man abroad style, if you like Mays delivery you’ll love this.

3 Likes

Love Death Robots Season 3 Episode 4 “NIGHT OF THE MINI DEAD”

Netflix

G

Day Shift. Interesting ? Perhaps not. But great fun to watch. Netflix.