Interesting TV

Just started this while Mrs Bruss is away for a couple of days. Liking it so far.

Following actually WESTWORLD season 4. I quite don’t understand nothing, but who can ? But the actors are so charismatic, the images, ambience, decorum, music…create a very captivating visual.

1 Like

I gave up during season 2, I keeping think I might go back and start again but so far haven’t been bothered to. Is season 4 the last season?

A heads up to anyone who’s watched Snowfall the excellent series which follows the rise of Franklin Saint and the crack cocaine problem of the 80’s in the USA season 5 starts on BBC 3 tonight at 10pm with a double bill

I don’t know if it’s the last season. I gave up to understand, just kept immersed in it and it’s like a dream or lsd experience ( :laughing:) . Beautiful and impressive scenes.
And so many wonderful actors : Aaron Paul, Ed Harris, Hal Berry, James Madsen, ……

1 Like

For anyone that might be interested and further to my earlier post all 5 series’s of Snowfall are available on the iPlayer, if you fancy a binge watch series following the rise of the Saint crew on the back of the 80’s crack cocaine epidemic in the US then this is worth a look.

Just finished 8hrs 39m of the well produced, well acted with great cast, series called the Staircase. Colin Firth playing an American bisexual accused of murdering his wife.
Eight episodes of did he or didn’t he? Or was it an Owl?
Got to the end of the last episode only to find it was a true story and nobody knows whether he did or didn’t. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

2 Likes

Spoiler!

1 Like

I watched the doco a few years ago, haven’t bothered to watch the drama. He’s a pretty unlikable guy but I guess that doesn’t make him guilty.

Just saving people eight hours of their life.

1 Like

Ah!

Just started watching ‘the roads to freedom’ a 1970 BBC dramatisation of Jean-Paul Sartre’s trilogy. I’m enjoying a bit of existential angst.

2 Likes

Georgia Brown singing “La Route est Dure” was wonderful as was Alison Fiske who played Ivitch .

1 Like

Four Strangers on Ch4 Walter Presents. Four disparate people connected to a violent crime (well two crimes) combine to navigate their way through the mess(es) both criminal and personal. A clever Croatian (yep) thriller - there is a police procedural but unusually it’s the four characters that are really centre stage. Not finished yet so it may end up disappointing.

1 Like

I was rather hoping to find a version by June Tabor.

Probably late to the party but Ive finally decided to watch Breaking Bad and Better Call Soul. Finished season 2 of both last night (big ending of BD), so far Breaking Bad isn’t like I’d thought it’d be.

3 Likes

So , what are your impressions ?

It’s a bit confusing watching both show simultaneously as they cross over occasionally. I hate the character Walter in BD, his a liar and I don’t care much for Soul, his slime bag. :grin:

But I’m enjoying both shows.

1 Like

Top Boy Season 3…apart from the London gang issues, tackling Brexit head on. Loved the first 2 seasons and this current one continues the well written and well acted series. Some fantastic acting.

1 Like

Industry, season 2. Is the traders world like that? Any trader here?