Interesting TV

Diplomat - started watching at the weekend. Really enjoyable with Rufus Sewell superb

3 Likes

It’s possibly the best thing I’ve seen all year however just started watching The Whitehouse Plumbers on Netflix. It’s also very good it’s starts saying the the names haven’t been changed as they’re all been found guilty.

2 Likes

Enjoying the latest series of Dalgleish.

steve

5 Likes

It’s hilarious. And not far from the truth.

2 Likes

A couple of dumpling fools no wonder they got caught. It also highlights how corrupt the Nixon administration was.

Started watching a series here on Stan that was partly produced with the BBC call Ten Pound Poms. It’s based on the drive to bring more (white) migrants into Australia after the Second World War. So far (2 episodes in) it’s not that bad but does highlight what a racist bunch we were back in the 50/60s. I’m so glad we’re (well most of us) have moved on. It’ll interesting to see here what you guys think when it’s aired in the UK.

Succession - S4 - ep8 of 10.

No spoilers – save to say the shark has been jumped IMV. Same old tropes, same old abstruse dialogue. More like a boring reality TV show.

2 Likes

It’s going around in circles I’ll be glad when it’s over.

Watched this last night Pete and to be honest had hoped for more. It was all a bit forced and the events that happened could have been set anywhere, didn’t had to go to OZ. I’m hoping it will develop a bit more on the problems and cultural differences that had to be faced.

1 Like

Mrs Pete gave up on it 20 minutes in, it certainly has a little bit of the cringe factor. The racism makes my blood boil.

1 Like

I think both in OZ and here the racism was unbelievable. Neither of us can be proud of our countries’ past.

1 Like

Thought it pretty average, expected better. The script and acting weren’t much improved on an episode of The Sullivans imo…

Visially it just looked, odd.

I’ll give ep.2 a go but not that impressed.

There’s a blast from the past but you’re right. I’m surprised you guys got The Sullivans but I suppose it’s payback for some of the rubbish you guys sent us. :rofl::rofl:

Lunchtime TV option in school hols or on a sickie…

1 Like

Me too. It’s getting tedious now, and absence of depth in the characters is showing out, and history appears to have been parked to one side.

I may try the 3 episode later tonight but if it’s doesn’t improve I’ll be moving on. It’s a pity as both the story and the history is probably worth telling. Also as an Aussie they’re huge holes in the location. They went over the Blue Mountains (an hour and half west of Sydney) but drove to the beach in an afternoon.

1 Like

I stopped then too, for the same reasons. May restart now. Thank you

Not a TV show, but I streamed it on TV, so maybe that counts:

The Dry, the terrific movie adaptation of Aussie writer Jane Harper’s excellent book. Did any of our fine Australians friends here see the movie/read the book?

bana

Saw in at the movies a few years ago and thought it was a little slow. Mrs Pete had read the book and enjoyed it. She’s also a bit star struck as Eric Banna once presented her with an award and a kiss on the cheek. :grin:

1 Like

Slow, yes. But I thought that added to the atmosphere of creeping menace.