Interesting TV

You know with Disney+ you can watch ‘Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny’ right?

2 Likes

I have it as my daughter would never let me cancel it!

Interestingly there’s more mature themed stuff on there than I realised which adds to the value following recent price hikes.

Agree, Shōgun is excellent, hoping Episode 5 is available tonight.

The 1st episode was a bit hit and miss for me in places, but it got into its stride from Episode 2 onwards, and seems to detail the political intrigue far better than the old TV show which I really should revisit.

2 Likes

Wow! I must subscribe then, as I believe they also have She Hulk, The Marvels and lots of great Marvel stuff! Right up my street!

It’s available, I watched Ep.5 this afternoon @Alley_Cat

Great, thanks.

It’s very good… things are afoot!

1 Like

I detect a hint, the merest soupson, of some irony in your response. But GotG and most of Mandalorian is pretty good…

What’s GotG?

Guardians of the Galaxy

3 Likes

Ah, gotcha - thought it might have been a Game of Thrones spin-off.

I’m warming to Cosmo - a bit of a cross between Burton and Connery vocally - he’d make a bloody good Bond visually unlike the chap who currently has the nod (at least to me).

1 Like

A guilty pleasure but I started re-watching It Ain’t Half Hot Mum last night - bought it from iTunes years ago and also have it on DVD.

Haven’t laughed so much in ages.

@Skeptikal

3 Likes

Lovely boy :rofl:

1 Like

Incredibly clever comedy, and the Brits are portrayed as utter buffoons.

Lots of non-PC stereotypes I know, but as with ‘Are You Being Served’ many of these characters were simply adored by the audiences and must have contributed to more tolerance, not the opposite?

6 Likes

Love all those classic comedies I’m Free for a laugh most of the time. :wink:

1 Like

I am very much looking forward to 3 Body Problem on Netflix tomorrow. I very much enjoyed the books but I imagine a challenge to televise. Hopefully the production team behind Game of Thrones can pull it off.

2 Likes

“Coma” with the excellent Jason Watkins is quite gripping so far. Channel 5.

1 Like

Constellation.

Given up on this. Most of episode 7 was people wandering around in a snow storm shouting at each other.

Only one episode to go :bangbang:

I am both struggling and curious to see how (if) it hangs together. :flushed:

I am both interested and not interested in seeing it through to the end but thats quantum mechanics for you :thinking:

1 Like