Interesting TV

“Everyone Loves Raymond” - 20 mins (I skip the adverts) of escapist hilarity for pm viewing with tea & biscuits :grinning:

As black as a very black thing. In the dark. Superb…

1 Like

Resistance is futile.

1 Like

Started Hanna last night…interesting start with some good humour sliding between the drama.

Both come from authors I really like , both are fantasy , one horror one comedic . The Outsider is just so dark and dour , there are some really good ideas in it but it needs to be shorter, crisper whilst Good Omens is an unalloyed pleasure .

1 Like

Everybody Loves Raymond and Frasier are an easy way to lose 2 hours in the morning. Both with great characters and superb scripts.

I didn’t know Good Omens was also from Stephen King. For Outsider, I like the atmosphere, , dark, …slow and threatening .

After watching it through…?

Thanks I said authors, meaning Stephen King and Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman

Whilst King was a favourite of mine in the days of the commute into London, it is Pratchett who is my favourite author (probably ever) .

Sky did some wonderful adaptations of Pratchett’s work , who can forget Cohen The Barbarian

1 Like

It is possible that there will be a series 2 as Pratchett and Gaiman drafted a scenario for a second book , but Terry Pratchett died from Alzheimer’s a few years ago.

My favourite author for his Discworld books

1 Like

Yes.

I hope so, found season one the best things I watched last year.

1 Like

Whitehouse Farm was excellent.

G

1 Like

And yet appalling timed and somewhat misleading given the momentum quietly building for the case to be declared one of the greatest miscarriages of justice of the recent past.

Yes, I looked up the ‘Supporters of Jeremy Bamber Foundation’ - Quite a distinguished list.

G

The Strangers on Netflix is worth watching.

Yes but a story line with holes in it big enough to drive a lorry through! Hard to believe it’s from Harlan Coben whose books are usually quite good.

Don’t tell me too much I’m only half way through.

1 Like

If you want to have fear: 2 very good movies

But I don’t know if they are on Netflix

We started that last week and are hooked!..Didn’t expect you know who to get so brutally kneecapped!

G

1 Like