Interesting TV

We were 1/4 away into the last episode but we’ve just been hit with huge thunderstorm. Powers gone, so it’ll have to keep till tomorrow.

Get Out was interesting but Us was far superior.

Haven’t watched it. Just read the critics in France saying that Get out was more inspired.
But I am curious and will try it and share after.

Found myself nodding off within the first 10 minutes of the new Homeland season the other night.
Have been captivated by Baghdad Central though. A noir thriller set in 2003.

I’ve been a dedicated fan of Homeland since Day 1, but I sincerely hope this last series improves significantly.

Like so many great series, the writers and commisioners can’t resist milking the cash cow just that little too far - shame, because so often it’s for the sub-standard curtain calls they’re remembered.

How often has it been said ‘less is more’?

1 Like

Yes. Homeland jumped the shark a good while ago.

According to the 2/5* review in The Times today, it seems the final series may not get going until episode 4. I thought 2/5 was fair - if not a tad generous, given the opener leant on the lead’s medical and associated issues once again…er, been here before!

I think I bailed out at S4 and was interested to see how the construct has developed since that time…in short, it hasn’t IMV. Mandy Patinkin continues to suck the life out of scenes to my eyes.

Yep, you were right some rather large holes, but it was enjoyable just the same and worth the effort.

1 Like

We seemed to have season 5 of Line of Duty, I’m sure it’ll turn up somewhere but can any let me if it has been shown in the UK.

Best sci-fi I’ve seen in ages, Episode 4 really takes it up a notch.

Yes, I am enjoying it too. The storey plot seems like it could be very interesting. My only little gripe is that I want to see Picard more assertive, like he was. But considering his age now, he will not have quite the Captain Picard presence.

I just watched Us. I think the contrary. For me Us lacks originality and gives no surprise, apart the idea of the beginning.
Get out is completely different and more interesting.
Each one his opinion of course.

I found it difficult to get into Get Out. Us had me hooked from the start. Perhaps Us has the more simple story - similar to The Sixth Sense. With a more obvious twist at the end.
I shall make more effort with Get Out from your recommendation.

1 Like

Yep - it was shown in March 2019.
Series 6 is on its way this spring here in the U.K.

1 Like

Cheers.

Just finished the Witcher, which I really like. What’s next guys for Netflix?

Drama?

1 Like

Yes, I think I have The Outsider on my list.

The Messiah is pretty good.

2 Likes

For me I stopped Netfix for a moment. I took me too much time to find something interesting to watch.
I enjoyed very much some serial movies as Ozark, Messiah, Frontera Verde, Unbelievable, and the Sinner.
Will subscribe back in end March for the return of Ozark, season 3.