Interesting TV

I enjoyed Dexter a few years ago as well.

2 Likes

Just finished watching Summer of Rockets. Great for four episodes I thought, then loses its way before pulling it back right at the end.

1 Like

Gentleman Jack anyone?

3 Likes

Year of The Rabbit on Ch4? More Matt Berry?

1 Like

Just finished watching four series of the American comedy “Fresh off the Boat” on Amazon. Has anyone watched it? One of the funniest comedy’s I’ve ever seen!

Just discovered Year Of The Rabbit and enjoying what I’ve seen so far. A cross between Peaky Boring and Timewasters.

I should also mention Better Things with Pamela Adlon abs Celia Imrie. Laugh out loud funny combined with a certain amount of being appalled and a whole lot of wisdom.

1 Like

We enjoyed it. My 93 year old aunt enjoyed it too, even though it took her a full before realising the gentleman was in fact a lady. ‘I thought he was a strange looking man’ she told us…

G

2 Likes

I live 5 miles or so from Shibden Hall, it’s been a big topic of conversation around here.

Just finished Chimerica. Pretty good, I enjoyed that. Apart from the bit where he advances the newly loaded film in his camera with the back still open and then takes a picture.

The Handmaids Tale gives one a foresight into where Trump’s deeply conservative Legal system willl take the US.

1 Like

Gave up after series 2. Series 1 was nigh on perfect. 2 just about got away with it but 3 has jumped the shark.

We were a bit late to this

Just brilliant.

12 Likes

All 3 series were a work of art.

3 Likes

Just about my favourite programme ever. S3 not quite the highs of 1 and 2 imo but that’s fine lines stuff.

1 Like

Have I mentioned Better Things?

It creeps up on you. Very good indeed.

Planespotting live, on right now.

By turn quite interesting and then desperately banal!

Wild Bill
And caught up with The Wire

Just finished Working through the five seasons of Bosch on Amazon. Very enjoyable although a little confusing if like me you’ve read the books.

Fortitude … strange goings on above the Arctic Circle

2 Likes

Ah yes. Great stuff but ultimately a disappointing ending I thought.

1 Like