Internet radio HD

Yes well I know all about that Digital Britain vision. If the Band 2 spectrum was useful for anything else then the BBC would be told to release it, but as it isn’t, they won’t be. Which is good for us!
Best

David

I find bigger bit rate:

In UK the BBC programs come in HLS 48kHz 339kb/s

But this is not Naim app interface?

Oh yes it is - Naim iOS app v5.13 & its a screen shot from my iPad 9.7"

Great shout Mike-B, I think this is a great station ! Plays stuff that I prefer to RP. What I don’t get is how good it sounds considering it’s MP3 quality? I’ve heard Spotify on my NDX and its crap. This sounds very close(to my ears) to Tidal Hi-fi. How’ve they done that I wonder?

Referring to JB Radio2 that is…

Strange, my screen is like that with the same app version naim. IPad2 9.7 "

My screen is different because I’m in UK, it’s showing the BBC HLS service that’s only available in Uk.

Thanks you

Besides Tidal, I also use Spotify on my NDX for the wide selection of well curated music (great way to discover music for later purchase). While I would agree that Spotify can sound a lot worse than the high quality setting in Tidal, I believe the high quality setting in Spotify is mp3 at 320 kBps. I had to select this stream quality in Spotify, as otherwise it plays at a default of 128.

Check your Spotify settings and you might be surprised by an improvement from 128 to 320 kBps.

David

Edit: Sorry for any confusion. The radio stream will probably always remain at 128 kBps, but other streamed music should play at 320 kBps if selected in the Spotify app.

I didn’t realise HLS was an Apple thing.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.