Introduction

Good morning to everyone.
Just a quick update.
The first 12 hours of connecting the SN3 to the S-600’s was a huge disappointment…
There was neither the punchy sound,nor the amount of bass i experienced when I auditioned them in my dealer’s shop.
And then…magic happened!!!
They started playing really loud & bass is magnificent.
Every hour is passing they tend to play louder & smoother…

4 Likes

I took my dealer’s advice & today i did a minor addition to the system,a 2cm black glass under the SN3,with 5mm cork-rubber feet under the glass:

First impressions:the sound overall is sweeter, less aggressive in high frequencies & bass is more present & “fat”.
It also added a more glamorous look,lol…

3 Likes

I almost forgot,yesterday I had the speakers dust covers ready.
They are handmade from silver silk.
A little protection from dust & just in case my baby daughter has any ideas of adding colour to them…

P.S. Tomorrow morning back to my dealer’s shop to get the Naim din to rca cable to connect the phono preamp to the SN3…

3 Likes

More boxes:

5 minutes later all set-up

That reminds me a bit of the Ortofon MC200 I used to run on my Sony PSX-800 back in the early '80s - not so shiny though. Is it MM or MC?

Ortofon Concorde Century
MM , 5.5mV output , 1.8gr recommended tracking force.
HiFi use

1 Like

You may want to have a look at this thread as an alternative to using the felt under the glass:

Thank you friend, I will.
Though I placed a mix of cork & rubber feet (not felt).
My dealer suggested to use the “3m bumpons” under the glass.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.